Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

FI and I just bought our plane tickets to Tenerife in the Canary Islands for a two week trip in November!  Yay!  I am so in need of a vacation. Makes for a happy Friday, so what makes your Friday happy? 

Re: Happy Friday!

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!

I have two things that made my Friday happy! 
    1. This morning I went to Dunks on the way to work, like I do every morning. The guy that works the window at Dunks is fairly new, and it's been a running joke because I get the same thing every morning. He kept forgetting my bagel every morning, and kept saying "One day I'll get it right." So then he named me "coffee and bagel" to remember my order so when I pull up he goes "Heyy coffee and bagel!" It is funny and we laugh. Today when I pulled up in my new car he was like "hi...oh hey! What?! Did you get a new car?" and I said yeah, and he was like "Nice, good for you! Don't spill cream cheese in there!" It was great!

2. The dealer called and my tire is in! They are also going to look at my heat when I go in to get it fixed so hopefully everything will get fixed and I will be a happy little camper!!
    friends tv show funy
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Not much today.  I have 3 feet of snow and no power.  But I am happy that I am not at home and stuck without internet! :)  And that I am going to Santa Cruz tomorrow.  Can't wait to escape the snow!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been craving some Girl Scout cookies, and today, all of a sudden, there was a cookie booth set up a few feet from my office! Yeessssss. I got a box of Thin Mints, and there was a whole troupe of Brownies hanging around being super adorable. My day is officially made!
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    CD- I'm so glad to hear that the dealer is taking care of the issues with your car!

Raven- I love Santa Cruz, always happy to go visit friends at UCSC and see the squishy banana slugs.  Funny how you're escaping the snow, cause I can't wait to go to Mammoth Mtn next week for some snowboarding.

Marley-Don't get me started on GS cookies, one of my co-workers has a grand daughter that's a Brownie, we bought cookies and she came in and hand delivered to us and thanked us, from that I bought another two boxes cause I couldn't say no. 
    edited December 2011
    Lyn- You would want to escape it too if you had a snow storm the weekend before that put down two feet and left you for 4 days without power....  Then another blows in this week promising at least(if not more) another foot.  And you woke up to no power again....  Grr...  Plus in Santa Cruz is one of my favorite people!  I can't wait to see him!    BTW you vaction sounds awesome!  Take me too please??  ;)
    Marley- Look what you have done!  Now I want GS cookies.....
    cd- I hope everything works out with you car :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend came to my work for lunch today who I haven't seen in eons. It was a nice treat!
  • edited December 2011
    My Friday was made that I don't have anywhere I need to go today and so I got to spend a nice relaxing morning watching TV with FI.  Now I'm watching NASCAR and will get to watch it all weekend (literally from now till about 8pm tonight and tomorrow  from early morning till late afternoon and a few hours on Sunday - I'm such a happy camper right now).

Andddddd...I'm super duper excited 'cause I'm getting married a week from tomorrow!
  • edited December 2011
    My Friday is not so happy right now. FSIL's reception is tomorrow and my stupid travelling cold has not relinquished. I planned to stay home all day in hopes of killing it, but my dress for the reception is ready at the tailor's and I have to go out into the cold rainy day to retrieve it. FML.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hola ladies!

Lyn, that sounds so awesome. Two weeks? Our HM is only one!

It's been a busy week. I'm off to the UK tomorrow for work. I've never been to Europe before, but I am freaking exhausted. I'm bringing sleeping pills on the plane.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:eb58df8d-511b-46a8-a997-e6cebc01469cPost:f84864fa-6be0-442d-9689-9f6446724fa8">Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I just bought our plane tickets to Tenerife in the Canary Islands for a two week trip in November!  Yay!  I am so in need of a vacation. Makes for a happy Friday, so <strong>what makes your Friday happy? </strong>
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

1. Morning sex
    2. Coffee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DanieKADanieKA member
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday! I'm just doing some laundry and studying today. Not awesome, but not bad. It's good to catch up on those things. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. 
    edited December 2011
    Leia- How exciting!  Where are you going?  You are going to love Europe. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    Raven - I'm going to London. I only have about a day and a half to look around, since I am working. I come back home on Wednesday. I just wish the travel time wasn't so long. I'm excited though. I'm going to try to hit as many sights as I can while I'm there.
    edited December 2011
    Leia- YAYA!  I love London!   Let me know if you need any ideas :)

Married! May 27th, 2012

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Angie!!!!  So exciting one week left.  Yay!

Raven- I do agree, I'm a So Cal brat and I don't understand the full ramifications of a snow storm.  Yes I would like to escape as well if I were you. 

Bside-REST and heavy medication I do hope you feel better for the reception. 

Leia- Sounds like a exciting business trip, I hope you get lots of rest so you can enjoy it.

I had a good cup of coffee but no morning sex, Desert I think that would have added a spring to my step.  :) 

Side note: On the way back from Tenerife we have a 12 hour lay over in Madrid does anyone know if I"m allowed to leave the airport and come back? 
    edited December 2011
    Lyn, there shouldn't be any problem with that. You'll just have to go through security and customs again. It's no different than if you were actually staying a night in Madrid.
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Leia!  I was worried I was going to have to stay there in the airport for 12 hours or if I leave I couldn't come back. 

Sparkles I felt really sad for some of those poodles but the ones that look like a giraffe and a bison had me smiling so cute. 
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    I know, Lyn! I couldn't decide whether I wanted to laugh or cry. I liked the bison and Clydesdale best, but I felt bad for the dogs that were dyed funny colors. It's not something I would ever do to my pet, but I was just shocked that there were so many ways to groom a poodle!
  • edited December 2011
    Well it's a good enough Friday already because I have the day off. But what made it even better is what my bf did for me. For v-day he got me a gift cert for a mani, pedi and facial at my fave spa. I was planning on saving it as a reward for another month of sticking to my New Year's resolution (which was working out at least 3 times a week for at least 1/2 hour each time). Every month I do it I get a reward. Well the other day he told me that he booked me for today with the esthetician I always see. He checked my planner and made sure I didn't have anything on today. He told me I wasn't allowed to save it to reward myself for keeping my New Year's resolution, because he bought it for me as a "reward" for being so wonderful. He also said that he'd pick me up on his way home, so I don't have to walk home in -30C weather (-22f) [my spa is literally a block away, doesn't make any sense to drive!] and said that all I have to bring with me is my gift cert because he'd be paying for my tip when he gets there too. I've been trying to cut back my spending a lot lately and one of the first things to go was my monthly spa trip. I haven't been to the spa since the day of my office Christmas party, and then I just got a polish change instead of a full mani, and it ended up being free because I brought in 3 cans of soup for a local food bank...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I second Leia on the morning sex :)  What a great way to start before class.  Hmm...I'm finally collecting data, and tomorrow I'm going to get more fish for my other experiment that I have running.  So that makes my Friday happy :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards