Not Engaged Yet

Birthday Outings/Event Ideas

Aloha LADIES!

So my birthday is coming up next week Oct. 7th.  I usually end up planning something simple for my bday, dinner with close friends, drinks at the local bar but this year I wanted to try something different.  What have you ladies done for your birthdays or have seen done. 

I don't want to be spending buckets of money nor subject my friends to spend massive amounts of money.  I don't drink (allergic to alcohol, I have some wild stories about that) but i don't mind others drinking, I just tend to be the DD on my own bday then.  I just want something fun and not to complicated to plan.  Bowling? Racing go-karts? Pub trivia?  Any suggestions are appreciated and oh so welcomed! Thanks!!!!

Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a dork and particularly partial to board games.  That's what we usually do on the weekends to save money.

How about hosting a game night?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Go-karts, mini-golf, bowling, game night, picnic
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_birthday-outingsevent-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ecbce229-e337-4c8a-b2ea-6f03630b00e3Post:bd9a97ea-c29a-44fa-a867-e35d4bd4b045">Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a dork and particularly partial to board games.  That's what we usually do on the weekends to save money. How about hosting a game night?
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

You are swesome!  That sounds like loads of fun, beer and pizza and board games. I'm really excited to see what other ideas teh knotties have.
  • edited December 2011

Do something silly/re-live your childhood like go to Chuck E Cheese and play all the silly games and see what kind of "prizes" you can get...we just went a couple weeks ago when my nephew was in town and it was so much fun (all the adults were playing skeeball all night)

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    are there any local state parks/museums/arboretums around?  They can be fun too and are USUALLY on the cheaper side of entertainment.  a bit less "party" but it depends on what you're going for.  I also love game nights :)
    One of my friends back in middle school was allergic to alcohol too.  It's funny that there's more than one out there ;)  she did get allergy shots though, and I'm relatively sure she can drink now.  Haven't seen her after she was legal...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_birthday-outingsevent-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ecbce229-e337-4c8a-b2ea-6f03630b00e3Post:33815211-4a12-40db-8082-e4408dfc1fb1">Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas : You are swesome!  That sounds like loads of fun, beer and pizza and board games. I'm really excited to see what other ideas teh knotties have.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

It's BF, Me and another couple in our house.
    (And they are from around OC. !!!)
     They had a major culture shock coming here.

So, between the four of us, and a couple of games, we have live-in entertainment.
    After Monday night football this week, we ended up throwing a football around in the yard @ 10pm drunk.  Tuesday morning wasn't so awesome, though.

Our favorite games:
    Partini
    Apples to Apples
    Scatagories
    Catch Phrase (This is usually the last game of the night, when everyone's concentration sucks, and we're screaming out descriptions and stuff...lol)
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_birthday-outingsevent-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ecbce229-e337-4c8a-b2ea-6f03630b00e3Post:61bf1dd7-4f3e-4d48-890c-d59d76f9d94e">Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do something silly/re-live your childhood like go to Chuck E Cheese and play all the silly games and see what kind of "prizes" you can get...we just went a couple weeks ago when my nephew was in town and it was so much fun (all the adults were playing skeeball all night)
    Posted by AngieD&JoeD[/QUOTE]

I kidnap my nephews regulary to have an excuse  to go to Chuck-E-Cheese.

Our closest Dave N Busters was flooded during that really bad flood in Nashville, so I'm waiting for it to reopen.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My BFF just said we're doing bowling and karaoke for her birthday. I think that sounds fun. We've also done go karts and mini golf in the past.

For my b-day last year we had tons of food and played RockBand at my house.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_birthday-outingsevent-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ecbce229-e337-4c8a-b2ea-6f03630b00e3Post:ece9375e-6294-401e-b16e-fdfa5598479b">Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birthday Outings/Event Ideas : I kidnap my nephews regulary to have an excuse  to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. Our closest Dave N Busters was flooded during that really bad flood in Nashville, so I'm waiting for it to reopen.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]
    Ooooh Dave n Busters!

I don't know how you feel about cooking but you could maybe take a cooking class together, or just get together and cook at someone's house. Maybe pick your favorite ethnic food and make it a theme night or something.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Blue & White:  I wasn't always allergic to alcohol, being Asian I'm already prone to the Asian Glow you know turn beet red and heat up like an egg left on a hot sidewalk.  But as I got older my tolerance for alcohol got lower and lower till one day when I had one mixed drink and blacked out/passed out/fainted call it what you want.  My friend was there to catch me, and I only lost about 15 seconds of consciousness.  I remember opening my eyes and thinking why is my friend who was 5 feet from me all a sudden in front of me holding me up.  I thought it was a fluke so months later I had ONE shot and two hours later, my BF was taking me outside to get fresh air cause I was feeling dizzy on the way to the patio I had to walk around a pool table I just made it past the pool table when I passed out again and BF was quick enough to put his hand behind my head but I manage to hit the lower part of my head anyway.  I opened my eyes and my BF and the waitress were knelling over me asking if I was ok.  Everything looked like it was bathed in really bright white light, 5 minutes later I started to convulse so let's say I am not touching another drop of alcohol.  Well I can sip a little wine and a sip of a drink here and there.  But I can't have a WHOLE drink or shot. 

I love everyone's idea.  I have thought of inviting everyone to Dave and Busters to have a shuffle table tourney.  But I like the idea of game night as well.  If it is just the BF and I, I would like to go to the observatory and look at the stars and exhibits there I haven't been since I was 14.  Thanks everyone!
  • CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I think game night sounds fun! Balderdash is AMAZING. Cranium and Taboo are awesome, too. Do you like Halloween type stuff? You could probably find some fun ghost walk or haunted hayride or Fright Fest at a nearby amusement park (I think they pretty much all call it that haha). Oh and happy early birthday!
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya, doing a halloween theme thing could be fun! I love hitting up the haunted houses and stuff around here throughout October!

Game night also sounds fun though - I would love to do something like that, but I know most of my friends wouldn't be into it. I recently did bowling and then went to a sports bar for a friends birthday, that was fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards