Not Engaged Yet

Need Ideas

So last night I found out that I got a second interview with the job that I really want. The job would consist of traveling around the country (and Canada!) to teach people how to use their software. So for the interview, I have to give a presentation that is 10-15 minutes long. It has to be about anything relating to healthcare.

I have no clue what to do it on, so I'm asking you ladies for ideas. I want it to be something I can research and learn about because I am sure they are going to ask questions. I also don't want it to be something that you can take a side on, just straight facts.
friends tv show funy

Re: Need Ideas

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this would be suitable or not, but what about something about the Baby Boomer generation beginning to retire and what that means for health care? You could get into the straight facts of the demographic but then look at what strains health care could face and what ways health care may need to change to meet demand, for example, home care.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, that is great you have a second interview...you'll do great!
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the second interview! I'm having trouble coming up with an idea, and those that I do come up with seem to be things you could pick a side on (I thought of the electronic healthcare records too...but I feel like there's some disagreement on the subject). I do like Hazel's suggestion a lot though. You could research what might need to change on a broad scale, and then choose something to discuss in more detail. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_need-ideas-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f7334b7d-94ed-4634-bdba-3ea004e90669Post:8c4d3a0e-84f5-433c-993b-5a58a5c4ee50">Re: Need Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you give us a few more specifics about the job? Like, is this software for healthcare companies? (Just trying to figure it out from your post, you may have said this somewhere earlier.) If it is, I'd probably do a presentation on information technology in a healthcare setting. Maybe the adoption of Electronic Healthcare Records (EHR)? I worked at a policy forum for awhile and that was a hot topic. Check these out: <a href="http://www.himss.org/ASP/topics_ehr.asp" rel='nofollow'>http://www.himss.org/ASP/topics_ehr.asp</a> <a href="http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2010/08/05/advancing-electronic-health-record-adoption-and-meaningful-use/" rel='nofollow'>http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2010/08/05/advancing-electronic-health-record-adoption-and-meaningful-use/</a> Sorry if I'm barking up completely the wrong tree.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I will look into those links when I get a second today, thank you!

The company is a medical software company. Our hospital, and many in our area rely on this software for everything. You can do all your filing in it. Fr example we use it for billing, accounts payable, payroll, medical records, physician order entry, admitting, and so on and so forth. I don't know what else to say without giving it away. If you want I can PM you the name and company if you want to know more.
    friends tv show funy
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liv has an excellent idea.

Jumping off from her electronic records idea. I know someone working in health care and their hospital I believe is ordering ipads for all their physicians to help reduce paper and have immediate access to numerous medical texts. You could do something broad like improving efficiency in health care with technoology.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any ideas but good luck with your second interview! 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
    edited December 2011
    Liv YGPM
    friends tv show funy
  • thejessythejessy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Traveling the world rules! Sorry I'm no help. :(
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the second interview! I have no insight into the healthcare industry, but I think you've already gotten some interesting topics... good luck and let us know how it goes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

edited December 2011
    Liv- Back at ya!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards