Not Engaged Yet

What would your "Born This Way" t-shirt say?

2»

Re: What would your "Born This Way" t-shirt say?

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just wrote a really long thing and then decided it didn't really fit. I was thinking about my 20 year struggle with acne, but I wasn't born that way, and I really don't want to embrace it. I want it to go away. I've gotten to the point that I don't want FI to see or touch my back. Even after 8 weeks on antibiotics, it's better but not good. I'm disgusted with my skin and tired of fighting it with minimal results.
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-born-this-way-t-shirt-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fdd82684-0f52-4db1-901e-98b3f959e631Post:70fe8257-4561-4e37-bd5e-c972779d7bf7">Re: What would your "Born This Way" t-shirt say?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shirt would say "sweaty." I know, eew. My underarms excessively sweat, and it doesn't appear to be from any medical condition or anything. It's been this way basically since I hit puberty. It doesn't smell or anything, it's just...wet. I find myself planning outfits around what I think will hide sweat marks best, and forgoing certain types of tops altogether because I know with the way they fit they don't stand a chance of not getting wet quickly. It happens in all seasons, all weather. It's really embarrassing. I use clinical strength antiperspirant and that doesn't do too much. My doctor said that botox injections have been approved to help stop excessive sweating, but insurance won't pay for it. I'm seriously considering it, because it makes me that uncomfortable. I just feel like I live my life being self conscious about my underarms.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    Although it sucks, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I very rarely wear colored shirts because of it. I also try to wear tanks or strapless shirts during the summer. Even the clinical strength deodorant doesn't help. I don't smell either, it's just wet. I do think mine has to do with my anxiety though. When I was on medication for anxiety, I used clinical strength and it seemed to help and I didn't seem to sweat as much. Either that or I wasn't aware because my medication was helping. I had to go off it because of my other medications at the time. Hopefully I am able to go back on medication since my anxiety is getting worse and so I don't sweat as much. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-born-this-way-t-shirt-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fdd82684-0f52-4db1-901e-98b3f959e631Post:70fe8257-4561-4e37-bd5e-c972779d7bf7">Re: What would your "Born This Way" t-shirt say?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shirt would say "sweaty." I know, eew. My underarms excessively sweat, and it doesn't appear to be from any medical condition or anything. It's been this way basically since I hit puberty. It doesn't smell or anything, it's just...wet. <strong>I find myself planning outfits around what I think will hide sweat marks best, and forgoing certain types of tops altogether because I know with the way they fit they don't stand a chance of not getting wet quickly</strong>. It happens in all seasons, all weather. It's really embarrassing. I use clinical strength antiperspirant and that doesn't do too much. My doctor said that botox injections have been approved to help stop excessive sweating, but insurance won't pay for it. I'm seriously considering it, because it makes me that uncomfortable. I just feel like I live my life being self conscious about my underarms.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Seriously this is me too! I buy clothes based on how they will hide the sweat. It's ridiculous and I'm soooo self conscious about it.  Almost all of my shirts are dark blue, black, or white. I won't buy anything if I think I'm going to sweat through the material too easily. I can be freezing cold and I will sweat for no reason at all, it drives me insane. I have even tried all the clinical strength deodorants/antiperspirants and nothing has helped.

I really wish insurance would cover the botox though.

ETA: I actually believe it's called Hyperhydrosis. Let me go double check...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chubby.

Damnn baby fat never went away...

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone of you ladies here are gorgeous and should not be ashamed of anything.

My shirt would say "gimpy," as a nod to the permanent ramifications of the tumor I had when I was a baby. It messed up the nerves (from the waist down only) on the left side of my body. I can't even flex my ankle on my left foot. It makes my gait off and people used to always ask if I was limping, but it's not really a limp. It's more of like a bounce, I guess? It used to make me really upset and embarassed to the point where I didn't want to go out with people I didn't know very well, because I was afraid someone would ask me about it. But then I started to realize how much it was hindering my life and stopped me from enjoying things, so now I just try to embrace it.

Great thread, Elle!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love this thread and wanted to get more in depth yesterday but got super busy at work.

Now I feel like I'm super behind, but I wanted to say:

You girls rock. <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-born-this-way-t-shirt-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fdd82684-0f52-4db1-901e-98b3f959e631Post:0b94e0f8-8da7-4b58-a6ef-4086d8784f70">Re: What would your "Born This Way" t-shirt say?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think mine would say Insecurity.   I am really really insecure.   I feel like I do nothing right.   I have lots of self esteem issues.   I don't think I am pretty or smart.   Even if people tell me I don't believe them (drives BF nuts).   Even though I get good grades I am lazy. </strong>  I just feel like a bad person.   I am selfish and I try not to be but I am, a lot.   I wonder why people like me because I am loud and obnoxious and attention seeking.   Even writing this post makes me think hmmm I am being attention seeking again.   I am afraid of the future and all the changes that will be made (I really don't like the idea of change).   I am afraid I am a bad GF and will be a bad wife and mother someday.   I worry about what the future holds and how I will do things.   I worry about getting jobs because I don't see any hirable qualities in myself.   I guess my shirt should say destructive thinking. For all those with Skin problems I am sorry.  I could see how that would be a pain.  I think you are all beautiful! Cde- You are so beautiful.  I always love your pictures.  I don't really have an advice because I have self image problems too but just remember you are beautiful. :) <3
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, mostly this, though I originally was going to say 'TYPE A' or 'CONTROL FREAK.' But everything raven posted goes for me, too. I got awesome grades in school, earned an MBA, and still feel like I'm not good enough, or like it was no big deal. I hate accepting compliments because I always feel like people just say them to be nice, not because they are true, and because I have a horrible fear of accepting a compliment and then having the person think 'I can't believe she believed me.' </div><div>
    </div><div>Some days I feel like a million bucks, then like CDE, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think I look like crap. I'm definitely much harder on myself during PMS times, but if it's a day that ends in 'y' there's probably a point during the day that I've chastised myself for something.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards