Chit Chat
Options

Save The Dates - With TWO receptions....

Hi!!!!

My fiance and I are from two different states and we feel it's only right to have two receptions.  Our wedding is in one state at the end of July with another reception in his hometown a week later.  Of course everyone is invited to both .... even though it is halfway across the country.  We do already have a few that will be attending both.  Anyway, any suggestions on how to word the save the dates??  I want people to know of both dates.   Thank you SO much for any help you can give!  ;)

Re: Save The Dates - With TWO receptions....

• Options
    It is silly to have two receptions and even more ridiculous to invite everyone to both.  Have one in one location.  Those that can't/won't travel simply won't attend.  You can try a halfway location to cut down on some travel but it is an incredible waste of time and money to try to include everyone.

There is no need to plan your wedding to ensure that EVERYONE can attend.  Figure out who your VIPs are and make sure they can attend.

I don't have any suggestions for save the dates.  I would decline both invites because two receptions with the same guestlist would look incredibly gift-grabby and AWish to me.  There is no need for it.
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Ditto the PPs, 2 receptions seems incredibly excessive and expensive. Have one. People can either attend your wedding or they can't.

But your wedding is not a rock band, it shouldn't go on tour.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Haha, I LOVE all your responses!!  Thank you so much.  I should have clarified that it is my Finaces family that wants to have a second reception in their state.  They want to pay for it.  We just want to have a party out there.... who wants to plan TWO weddings!   Maybe I should just send this thread to her?  ;)  Haha, probably not a good idea.   Thanks again!
  • Options
    Whoops.... I meant fiance not finances.  Finances are what comes AFTER I get the fiance!  ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_save-dates-two-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:079c913a-ffe1-4703-80ee-364f69c0b594Post:c4c4f65e-167e-4e80-91a8-60204540bc1d">Re: Save The Dates - With TWO receptions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, I LOVE all your responses!!  Thank you so much.  I should have clarified that it is my Finaces family that wants to have a second reception in their state.  They want to pay for it.  We just want to have a party out there.... who wants to plan TWO weddings!   Maybe I should just send this thread to her?  ;)  Haha, probably not a good idea.   Thanks again!
    Posted by lparker1023[/QUOTE]

You're allowed to decline you know.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_save-dates-two-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:079c913a-ffe1-4703-80ee-364f69c0b594Post:c4c4f65e-167e-4e80-91a8-60204540bc1d">Re: Save The Dates - With TWO receptions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, I LOVE all your responses!!  Thank you so much.  I should have clarified that it is my Finaces family that wants to have a second reception in their state.  They want to pay for it.  We just want to have a party out there.... who wants to plan TWO weddings!   Maybe I should just send this thread to her?  ;)  Haha, probably not a good idea.   Thanks again!
    Posted by lparker1023[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter who is planning and paying for it.  You and your FI will be the ones that look bad because it will appear to all your guests that you are throwing two weddings.

It is okay to decline, especially when you have such a huge chance of coming off like an AW.
  • Options
    I'm from one state, my fiance is from another, we live in yet a third, and I think having more than one reception is ridiculous. Invite everyone to your wedding and leave it at that. You can decline the second party.

That said, if you must do this - invite everyone to the actual wedding. See who can't come and if it ends up being a TON of people, take up your IL's offer and have a BBQ or something.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards