Chit Chat

Present for son-in-law to be

Does the brides parents buy the son-in-law to be a gift when their children get engaged?

Re: Present for son-in-law to be

• I didn't get either my DIL nor SIL a gift when they got engaged.  I don't know why~it never even crossed my mind that I should or could.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • My mom isn't getting my FI anything. They're paying for the food and a lot of other stuff, so that is our joint gift.

I don't think it's necessary. If anyone asks what you're getting him, say him getting your daughter is the greatest gift of all. That's what my mom said when someone asked what she was getting my FI.
  • My future in-laws got us a set of toasting flutes, which we used to toast our engagement with them.  We will also use them at our wedding.  My parents took us out to dinner to celebrate.  We weren't expecting anything though, and I honestly don't expect anything at the shower or wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards