Chit Chat

Should I or Shouldn't I

So I have been friends with this girl since elementary school. We always had little pety fights & made up in a week.  When I was in college I was dating this guy who happened to live near her. I would go see her first & spend the whole day with her then go spend the night with him. She always got so mad at me because she said she was just a pit stop along the way. It made sense to me since I was making an hour ride so why not see both. And what got me mad was that even though she was always mad at me for her being a "pit stop" she did the same things. She had a boyfriend who lived by me & she was spend the day with me and then go see him.It was okay for her to do it but not me. Eventually we stopped talking
          Now a  month ago (a year after we stopped talking) I decided to email her & i wanted to reconcile with her. We used to be best of friends & always had a great time together & I honestly missed her friendship. After a few emails she said to me "I don't want to be friends with you again because you want a present for your wedding" I didn't even think about my wedding let alone think of a present. And I told her that.
    So now we reconciled & have been talking for a month. we don't get to talk to each other much because we are both busy. We've only hung out once. Our invitations go out in less than a month. Before her & I started talking again we already had our guest list made up reaching to its max. I was wondering if I should or shouldn't add her & her boyfriend to the guest list? I don't want her to get mad if she isn't invited but I always don't want to invite her & have her think that I did reconcile with her for a "gift". What would you do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I or Shouldn't I

• Honestly it sounds like a very immature relationship between the pair of you.  If I were you I would just let it go. 
    Im saying this because I had a friendship like this with someone.  It was ok for her to do what she wanted but if I did the same thing back it was against friendship rules.  We arent friends anymore, and Im glad.
    Maybe its time to move on?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Talk to her and see if she wants to come. You can tell her that you don't want her to buy you a gift but that you want to spend your day with all your friends and family and since you have become friends again, you would love for her to come.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • I would absolutely tell her that you don't want/expect a gift, that its a day to celebrate your marriage with your family AND friends.  So if you want her there invite her.  
  • If your guest list is almost to the max and you are debating whether to invite her or not, I don't think you should invite her
  • talk to her about it. invite if you really want but prepared that she might say u invited her just for a gift if she does then i would think its not even worth it.
  • Since you sound hesitant, I think in order to have you inner peace, you should invite her and her boyfriend out of courtesy. If she declines, you will know where you stand in your relationship and perhaps it is time to move on. In the meantime, since you are doubtful, just invite her.
  • I would say invite her and then, depending on her response, you will see if your friendship has a chance in the future.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I agree with MissCourtney..plus whats the big deal about her buying you a gift? Is she completely stingy? I'm not trying to sound mean or selfish or whatever but I love buying people gifts and even if they told me not to I would still do it especially if they are one of my best friends! Does she not think enough of you to buy you anything? Not even a card? That seems pretty pathetic.
  • I dont think you should, and honestly if she doesnt want to be your friend just stop talking to her, sounds like the friendship is just gone. There are reasons why people come in and out of your lives.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards