Chit Chat

Croatian Wedding Traditions

I've been searching online for some Croatian wedding traditions that we could incorporate in our wedding, I'm croatian and FI is Australian, but in all the weddings I've attended there weren't any traditions except for the rosemary or the dance with the bride, and there is not a lot of information online =(Does anyone know of any others?

Re: Croatian Wedding Traditions

• The shot table is very popular, but it's usually the last thing at the receiving line and is run by a few people in the wedding party. Another popular thing is to have a tambura group playing. They usually come out to the brides house while she gets ready. Later they're at the receiving line behind the couple or with the bridal party singing and dancing. This always gets everyone in a good mood...I'm standing up in a very large Croatian wedding this weekend and I know she's doing a lot of traditions like "bargaining for the bride" and a "pillow dance"...I'll be sure to reply after the wedding to let you know of the different things she did.Whens your wedding? And what region of Croatia are you from? Certain regions have special kolo's or traditions...I've even heard of the bride throwing an apple?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards