Chit Chat

Anyone else absolutely LOVE their future MIL?

I've heard SO many horror stories about MIL's that I'm SO thankful for mine!!  We get along SO well and she and I spend more time on the phone than she and my fiancee do.  We're really close.  She's like my other mother. 

Re: Anyone else absolutely LOVE their future MIL?

• Yep.  I totally lucked out in the FMIL department.  I'm so excited to be joining their family.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I'm with you.  Mine is AMAZING!!! She's not pushy at all and just as excited as I am about the planning and me joining the family!! LOOOOVE HER!
  • I haven't met mine yet....She is in another province than us.  But i've talked to her on the phone lots of times.  Her and FI's sister are coming on tuesday though to stay with us for a week for the wedding.
  • I do. Mine is fabulous! She had helped me with everything for my wedding since my mother and grandmother live in FL and we live in MA. I wouldn't know what to do without her. She is so great!! I have also heard horror stories and am glad mine is not! :)       [url=http://<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" rel='nofollow'>www.weddingcountdown.com</a>][img]<a href="http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/senwdtm.png" rel='nofollow'>http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/senwdtm.png</a>[/img][/url]
  • I've got 3 MILs!  MIL and StepMIL from first marriage, plus a great 'new' MIL from this marriage.  And yes, the ex's parents are coming to this wedding!  They are all wonderful women I admire very much.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm (thankfully) very close with my FMIL also.  We text/chat everyday, because it is long-distance for us to call, and her, my mother, and I are all going together to look at dresses.  I couldn't bear to keep her out of the planning!  I guess it helps that her and my mother are VERY alike though... She's like my second mom too!
  • mm2007mm2007 member
    First Comment
    My MIL is GREAT I love spending time with her. we Have a great relationship. I am so lucky
  • Mine I think is funny. She wasn't involved very much in my FI's childhood.  She had a lot off issues.  She is a good woman that is grateful to her son that he accepts her past and forgives her and can't wait for our wedding.  I am very lucky as I was married before and my exMIL was the nightmare from hell.  She was worse than most stories!!!  
  • I wish I had my FMIL here for our wedding, she was so fantastic and I loved her lots. SHe passed away tragically in 2004. Its been very hard on my FI and knowing that she won't be here on your very special day. It hurts.
  • Mine is so wonderful! She has helped me with all the wedding planning since my mother lives in Texas. We talk everyday, go shopping together, it's actually like gaining a sister.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loooove my FMIL!  Yeah, she is awesome!  And love Granny too. I have no grandparents left (FI has both Grannies left) and Granny has really treated me like a part of the family too. FI, Granny & I went to Georgia in April to visit FMIL & hubby, and we're all sitting there getting pedicures and Granny says "I like you. A lot." I mentioned not having any grandparents left, and she pointed to herself and said "yes you do".  So sweet. FMIL & I begin/end emails with "Muddaaaaaa!" and "Daughtaaaa!"  I met FSMIL & FFIL for the first time in July. FSMIL is nice too. 
    Crosswalk
  • I love my future MIL!! She's been my mom's best friend since we were little kids. :)
  • I love my FMIL. We clicked right from the beginning =)
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • TXENIA--  My FMIL is also coming shopping for dresses with my mom and me.  It was crazy how well she and my mom got along.  They're really good friends now.  Our whole families get along GREAT!!  His niece and my nephew happened to be in the same grade, go to the same school and were even in the same class!!  His mom and my mom were both born in August and are so alike it's not even funny, his brother in law and my brother work in similar fields and both work A LOT, his sister and my sister in law are both SAHM's and have a lot in common since they are both raising kids with a husband that works long hours and we both had dogs name Gizmo!!  Oh yeah, his niece and my nephew were both born in May, his sister and my sister in law were both born in October and his brother in law and my brother were both born in July.  Weird!!  Jenni- *hugs*  I'm sorry
  • Mine's great. Really sweet and funny. And not pushy at all. I liked her right away. Ditto on my GMIL. My own grandmosthers are 1) deceased 2) completely out of it with dementia, so it's amazing to have a grandmother-type relationship again. Love the in-laws!
  • Mine's such a sweetheart.  She's as different as night and day from my own mom, but not in a bad way.  She's treated me like her own daughter from day one.  Same with SIL's BF now Husband.  She helped a lot with booking our wedding vendors, and will drop anything and come over to help if we need her.  I really lucked out in the in-laws department.  They are all awesome.
  • My FMIL is like my other mother too! My FI is an only child, so I think she's really happy to have another woman in the mix. The only thing that bothers me is she's a little TOO psyched about the idea of grandchildren. Too bad she's going to have to wait 2-4 more years. But, I think that goes along with FI being an only child too. But other than that, she's amazing. I just can't stay at her house too long, or I'll get fat, because she is an AMAZING cook!
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I wish I had gotten a chance to meet mine. :-( But FI's stepmom is totally awesome! :-)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I absolutely love my FMIL. FI's whole family is absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't be luckier! :)
    Anniversary
  • I-disciple: I think our FMIL might be long lost twins! She is really great, totally excited to have a girl in the family. She has been super supportive and usually takes my side over my FI when we disagree. I loves it. :) FI whole family is really great. They all live in town, and mine are all over the US, so it's nice to have that big family atmpsphere around the holidays and for birthdays.I am very fortunate. And grateful!
  • My FMIL is wonderful!! She's so nice, caring, fun to be around. She has had a lot of great ideas about the wedding, but never gets pushy about it. Her and my FI's whole family have embraced me and are welcoming me into their life.
  • I like my FMIL a lot, though I wouldn't say I know her well enough to be good friends yet.  I like his whole family, actually... which is a good thing since his family is local and mine is across the country!  I think I may run into some issues with her with wedding planning, because we have different preferences (plus she didn't get a "real" wedding herself and admits that's influencing how she's looking at her son's).  But hopefully we'll work that out, and otherwise, I couldn't be happier with the FMIL.  And having read so many horror posts, I'm even more grateful!
  • Me! She rocks. I used to have problems with my FFIL (who is gay, I love him) He would have an opinion about anything in the wedding, mainly what color the bridesmaids should wear. He and his boyfriend would pick on my choice for black bridesmaid dresses by telling me that auberjean is the "new in color" for weddings....I finally told him that the girls were wearing black or they were walking down the aisle naked.....he has been really sweet ever since.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I love everyone in my fiance's family.  We all have similar sarcastic senses of humour, and we're all pretty good at cheating at cards.  I was talking to a friend about "what if"s (ie what if the marriage doesn't last, etc), and I couldn't imagine not having them in my family.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Love my FMIL too! She is so loving and funny actually the whole family is whenever we go over for dinner it is like a free comedy show! I love it! They have totally welcomed me into their family too I feel very lucky :-) CandK2010 ~ I LOVE your pic! Probably the best show ever. Did you hear there is a movie in the works? I am so excited!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards