Chit Chat

90 minute registry seminars for bridal package????

I keep getting calls from different bridal registry companies that are hosting seminars.  You go for 90 minutes while they try and push crap on you and you get a vacation/grocery certificate/gas coupon etc.  Has anyone done this and actually USED the vacation coupon?  Is it WORTH IT after you pay all the taxes/airfare etc???

Re: 90 minute registry seminars for bridal package????

• I've always operated on the "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" school of thought.  Wouldn't be worth it to me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • OMG!!! You won that too?!?!?!?! Yeah, it's a total scam. Just tell them you aren't interested. It is worse than one of those time share weekend things. My FI is way susceptible to that stuff and agreed to go and they immediately asked for credit card info. When he said he didn't have one (lie) they asked for his checking account info. He told the lady that he would have to discuss any financial obligations with me, and they tried to convince him otherwise. (Funny they just called my phone.) He hung up and then they started calling me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
  • I got a call from one of those (And I KNOW that DB sold them my name/number, because I hadn't given it to anyone else at that point...a$$hats).  They went through their whole schpeel, and once they got to the point where they ask you which time is more convenient for you and FI, I promptly told them that FI lives out of state (which is true).  They hung up real quick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards