Chit Chat

Time for fun - Favorite "Wedding" movies, and why!

I was thinking of how much fun this time is supposed to be, and it got me to thinking about my favorite "wedding" movies, or movies in a wedding/relationship played a major role...and I was wondering what some of yours were? I'm thinking of doing a movie night with my BMs before the wedding where we drink cocktails and watch a good wedding movie....while I admit, I love so many, I'll start the list off with 5:1. It happened One Night2. When Harry Met Sally3. My Best Friend's Wedding4. Love Actually5. The Family StoneOk...I'd love to hear what some of yours are!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Time for fun - Favorite "Wedding" movies, and why!

• I was wondering about Bride Wars...the whole Bridezilla thing is a turn off for me (I just don't get using a wedding as an excuse for bad behavior), but I was wondering what that was like...thanks for that - I'll have to take a look at it :-)
  • 1. Love Actually--it's my ALL TIME favorite movie! I can watch it over and over :) FI and I will exit the ceremony to "All You Need is Love" :)2. The Wedding Singer--Another all time favorite.  I'm a huge fan of Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.  There are just so many things about this movie that I can relate to (except for the whole FI is a d-bag) and I LOOOOVE the music! :)3. I Love You, Man--This one is SO hilarious, and it isn't from the girl's point of view at all.  And plus, the yellow bridesmaid dresses were ADORABLE!4. My Best Friend's Wedding--One reason: Dermot Mulroney.  lol :) Plus, it was so great!5. The Wedding Date--again, Durmot Mulroney :)
  • Oh and one more...all of the Shrek movies :) lol!
  • i forgot about the wedding singer, i love that movie!I wasn't as thrilled with I Love You, Man.
  • It had it's vulgar moments, but I laughed constantly :)
  • Run Away Bride- It was all about why and I love the scene in the Fedex truck. FI is a UPS driver and I want to get a pic in my dress like that. Maid of Honor - Realizing what you had in front of you all along. Ghost of Girlfriends Past: Realizing of what he had and finding away to get it all back! 
  • When my sister got married, before her wedding we watched Father of the Bride like a zillion times. 
  • Although Sixteen Candles main theme isn't the wedding, it is pretty funny when the bride walks down the aisle high off of valium or something....The Wedding Singer is great too.
  • I forgot about Father of the Bride until I was driving home today and thinking about this post!
  • 1) More of a honeymoon story but "Just Married" - hilarious!2) 4 Weddings and a funeral - comedy genius! The original brit hit film.
  • Thanks! You guys  brought up some goodies that I had totally forgotten about! I love "Father of the Bride"...I always cry at the end! And I did love the "Wedding Date"...oooh...good movie watching :-)
  • Some recent-ish movies I've seen.... the weddings in these were so nice 1. The Time Traveller's Wife 2. Sex & The City The Moviehear there's a wedding in the 2nd movie!!! Can't wait!!! =)
  • Ashe--the wedding in The Time Traveler's Wife was good (but it's SOOO much better in the book!) and I'm curious to see the wedding scene from Eclipse when they start working on that movie :)
  • How about My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
  • The Wedding Singer. hands down my favourite movie of all time!!! we watched it the night we got engaged
  • My Big Fat Greek Wedding is awesome!!!! Love that one. I also enjoyed 4 Weddings & a Funeral, Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers & The Notebook. :o)
  • Love ActuallyThe Wedding DateThese are my 2 favorite but I also enjoy:The Wedding PlannerThe Wedding SingerThe Family StoneBride WarsMy Best Friend's Wedding
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm with sundrop... Father of the Bride is one of my all time favorites! 27 Dresses and Bride Wars are both great too
  • 'I love you man' is current very fav :D
  • Such good movies!there's one i watched the other day called WEdding Daze - so funny! kinda a father of the bride thing, but instead of one daughter getting married, all three end up getting married , it's really worth watching if you find it, i will rent it for the night before my wedding to watch it with my girls, along with 27 dresses and Father of the Bride =)
  • Father of the Bride The Wedding Singer In & Out Sweet Home Alabama The Other Sister
  • My husband and I watched a wedding movie every night for a week before the wedding. Each night we would lay down and watch a wedding movie. It really helped me relax, and made the last week before the wedding go by super fast!!!
  • rands09 -  Your idea about movie night with your BMs is pretty much what i was thinking for my bachlorette party... maybe go out somewhere first, then head back for movies, make cocktails, and sleep over! I was thinking: The Wedding Planner - one of my favorite romantic comedies! Bride Wars - My best friend is getting married just before me, and her and i went to see this together when it first came out.  And i liked it more then i thought i would! Ever After, Never Been Kissed and The Wedding Singer - Yes, i do love Drew Barrymore!  And though there is no wedding in Never Been Kissed, it just makes me happy so i like to throw that one in there, too. I've had a couple other ideas, from reading this post, but we'll see how much time we take to watch movies!  hehe
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Bride Wars - love the lifetime friendship between the brides. Even though things didn't work out for Ann Hathaway's character on her wedding day, everything fell into place because of the self revelations both characters had throughout the process. The Wedding Date - who doesn't love Dermot Mulroney in the buff! Not to mention his line at the end where he says 'I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.' It says it all!
  • Hands down - My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  It totally reminds me of my crazy Italian family!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • i actually did this with my girls in may, we ordered pizza, had drinks and watched wedding movies. (i got teary sometimes lol) my faves are Father of the bride Love Actually Wedding singer Cinderella (yeah a cartoon but my fav movie ever) Ever After Bride wars was ok, not as good as i thought but a funny movie.
  • My Big Fat Greek Wedding...LOVE IT!
  • Father of the Bride, Sweet Home Alabama, Wedding Crashers! LOVE THEM!
  • MBFGW rocks!The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favorite movies.
  • My favorite is Wedding Crashers ;) LOVE it! And I recently saw 27 Dresses which is SO cute.
    Visit The Knot! BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards