Chit Chat

Live Wedding Internet Stream?

I know how to work the internet like I know about my car- The Basics. Gas in the tank, key in the ignition sort of thing. SO... when my grandparents fell ill last week (my gpa needs brain surgery & gma shattered her femur). I knew they weren't coming & I found out my gma cried because she couldn't come. I figured-bring it to her! I started looking on the internet for Do It Yourself Internet Broadcasting. The only one I've been able to find that seems even remotely possible is this website:www.liveweddingbroadcast.tvThe pricing isn't bad, I suppose, & I love the idea, but here's another issue: I'm getting married in a garden in the middle of a desert museum. I would need wireless internet for this to even happen. I know I'd need to ask the museum if they even have wireless before I get my hopes up that my family could be 'in attendance'. Not to mention, a laptop & camcorder. Any ideas? Have any of you done this or known of anyone doing this? How was it done? Please... if anyone can help me on this matter, I'd be so grateful. Completely. Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Live Wedding Internet Stream?

• Sorry to hear that your grandparents are having so many problems so close to your wedding. If the event site doesn't have internet access at all (wired or wireless) consider hiring a videographer for the event and sending the grandparents a DVD copy (possibly an edited 2 or 3 camera shot) of your wedding. If you're crunched for cash you could ask a family member with a camcorder to record the event for you, that's if you don't mind poorly framed and shaky shots. Either way if you still want to have your grandparents feel included in some way and there's no internet access as a last resort see if there is cell phone reception at the venue and have them listen in on the ceremony so they can hear you and your FH give your vows; just try and make sure whoever is operating the phone has a close seat to the altar and turns down the speaker volume so the grandparents aren't overly loud. I know that sounds kind of tacky, but it's better than nothing. HTH
  • Yeah, something that's specifically for weddings is going to have ridiculously inflated prices.  Skype is free, but the video quality isn't that great.  If the site has internet, or if someone has cellphone internet that you could hook up, check out some of the sites that are for meetings and such and aren't wedding-specific. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards