Chit Chat
Options

FI's wedding band

I bought my FI's wedding band yesterday and he wants to wear it right now.  Is this common?  I don't think I know anyone else who wore their band before the wedding.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FI's wedding band

• Options
    Awww, I would be flattered! When my FI and I got engaged, he switched a promise band I had bought him a while ago to his wedding finger.
  • Options
    When my H got his ring, he wanted to try it on and look at it all the time, but he never really wore it. It would be weird if he was out and about wearing it around.
  • Options
    FI said something to me the other day about how he's ready to wear his ring.  We haven't even bought it yet.  I think it's really sweet that he's so eager to have a wedding band, but I think it would be really odd if he actually wore it.  I did know a guy, though, who wore a band as an engagement ring.  He reasoned that if his fiancee was wearing one, he should too.  I think this is rarely done though.  I'd find it weird.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    J had a ring he wore on his right hand from the day we got engaged until we went to bed after the ceremony.
  • Options
    One of H's friend made him a ring(seriously looked better than what we saw in stores) that he wore on his left hand until the wedding day, now he wears his wedding band...
  • Options
    FI has a ring he wears sometimes on his left hand now, but neither of us would ever wear the actual wedding band until the wedding day.  We're just not comfortable with that. I feel like we'd be jinxing it somehow.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    My FI wears his on his left hand. He loves it. When I got an engagement ring, he did too. When we bought my wedding band, we got him a new one and he hasn't taken it off since we got it. I thought it was sweet that he wanted the world to know we were married even though we aren't officially married yet. I'd never ask him to take it of. If that's what he want to do. Go for it! He's just as excited as you!
    BNOTB September Siggy Challenge: What I Will Miss About Summer: Swimming whenever I want. This is a pic of the largest pool in the world.
  • Options
    lol...my FI is wanting to do the same thing.  He loves his ring so much, he likes to wear it around the house.  He wanted to wear it on the right hand, but I just couldn't do that...lol  I agree with PP that said she'd be flattered:)  It makes me feel good that I did a great job on getting him the ring he loves--especially since he doesn't wear any rings or anything.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ha! At least your FI wants to wear his. Mine put his own, and immediately started waving his hand in the air while making frantic choking sounds :)
  • Options
    DH didnt even want to try his on before the wedding. He's rather superstitious though, he didnt want me to get an email address with my new last name until we were married.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    haha gotta love the choking comment!   Thanks for the replies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol! That almost sound like my FI. He isn't allowed to wear it until the wedding day, but sometimes I will walk in the bedroom and catch him trying it on, I think he is just excited for it.
  • Options
    He sounds excited!We did not go the engagement ring route (I prefer simple jewellery for practical reasons) and we have both instead chosen individual rings we each liked. They turned out both to be sapphire and diamond rings (both quite exotic looking - his with a sapphire/diamond pave mosaic design, mine with a crossover band holding a oval sapphire with diamonds along one of the bands) and we BOTH would love to wear them now. But...we are going to hold out until January and the wedding and have put them in our safe for now as we think it will be more fun to exchange them day of :) I like that neither of us have rings right now on our wedding fingers (it feels more equal and exciting to me anyway!).However, some customs do have both wearing the bands before the wedding date. German tradition (which my FI is) for example allows both to wear their wedding band on their right hand, and switch them over to their right on wedding day. Maybe an option?And, it is becoming more common for men to also wear engagement rings. My thinking is why the heck not? Traditionally the engagement ring was meant to symbolize the man could "provide" for the intended wife. These days, well, there is a lot more equality that way (in my relationship I earn the higher income for example!) and I say, do what works for you without worrying about "tradition" unless that works for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards