Chit Chat
Options

That Time of the Month!

Do you ever worry you may get your period on the wedding day and maybe even worse...the honeymoon? I don't know why but it pops in my head every now and again and I've never seen it posted on here and wondering if anyone else worries about this...

Re: That Time of the Month!

• Options
    I'm on BC and timed my wedding around it. :) You can talk to your doctor and they can tell you how to skip it if you're on BC. I've heard of people getting AF regardless of how well they planned though because of stress. It didn't happen to me, but I know stress can trigger it.
  • Options
    I'm on BC and 5 months before the wedding planned mine for the week before, but skipped it and started the first day of the HM...  If you can plan ahead on BC, go for it-but stress can play a factor too.  GL
  • Options
    I'm going on the pill to skip it during our wedding month.  I'm incredibly moody (I know none of you believe that!), and I don't want my main memory of HM to be me biting his head off because we didn't agree on where to eat lunch...LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm worried about this too.  My last doctor said she couldn't prescribe me hormonal BC because of my heightened risk factors for stroke.  So I have to get a neurological workup before I can figure out my BC options.  :-/
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I highly recommend the non-hormonal IUD for BC.  I use paraguard (sp?).  I only go on the pill to move my period or lessen the flow...sorry TMI.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I went to the doctor about six months ago and got new BC and didnt take it for a couple weeks so I could change the schedule so I wouldnt be on my cycle during the wedding. I asked my doctor if that was ok and she said it was fine. I had to switch from Yaz anyways... that was the worst BC ever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got my period towards the end of my HM.  I was gone for 3.5 weeks though.  So it was not a big deal.  DH (and I) wanted to TTC asap (I'm old), so getting off the BC was more important than having my period on the HM.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I have planned my wedding around my cycle. To respond to the OP I loved my YAZ and wish I could take it now! Guess that shows how everyone's different! And to PP don't feel old, you're just wiser than some of us - lol! 10/10/10 Bride!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I planned my wedding around my period. I'm on BC so we had 3 specific dates we could do it. And I was fine for my wedding and HM. My cousin wasn't so lucky. halfway through her reception she had to go around and ask if anyone had a tampon.
  • Options
    I got switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. Yaz caused me to be very moody and my fingers and toes also started tingling when I was taking it and I was having anxiety attacks. I talked to my doctor about it and she switched me and I have been fine since then. She thinks it had something to do with the hormones in Yaz so she switched me to something with less hormones in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I take BC straight through most months because of another condition but every now and then I go ahead and have my period because I feel I need to.  However the next month when I take BC straight again my body hasn't adjusted and it still comes a little.  So I am not having it again until after the wedding.   Just WARNING if you are thinking about skipping your period for the first time your wedding month, it may not work because it takes time for your body to adjust.  Also you have to get your Dr to wright the Rx for 21 days so your insurance will allow you get it sooner than normal.
  • Options
    i'm on seasonal so i only have my period every 3 months.... it is awesome!! I'm getting married at the end of september so i'll have it in august and then not again until November :) if you're okay with not having a period every month i would highly recommend this.
  • Options
    Oh i worry about this, too... not just for my wedding day, though... i'm so irregular, it's annoying. I refuse to go on bc though (for personal reasons) so i do the best i can with trying to predict the dates.... and i always keep a stash of tampons and advil in my car.
  • Options
    If you're going to skip it with BC do it a couple months before or else you will have pms symptoms ll month times a million!
  • Options
    I disagree, I skip it for that very month and get no pms-- every girl is different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards