Chit Chat

Day of Planners

I am helping a friend plan a wedding.  She is looking for a day of wedding planner.  She is unsure of what to expect as far a cost.  Can anyone give recommendations?

Re: Day of Planners

• be available all day for errands...at the reception location all day...etc.
  • Has she thought of asking another friend or family member(s) who have had lots of wedding experience. All the weddings I've ever been to it was friends or family. Just a thought if money is an issue. I'm going to ask my Great Aunt because she's the only one I really trust and i know she will put on her biitch face and get it right! 10/10/10 Bride!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do NOT ask a friend or a family member to be your unpaid slave for the day. It's not an honor, it's a job. OP, post your question on your local board to get an idea of the cost.
  • I had an estimate of $1200, $2500 and $860.  In VA
  • Don't take the advice to ask anyone (family or friends) to be a servant . DOC can run anywhere from about $300 to $600 and def would depend on where you are located.
  • You're probably thinking of a DOC. Someone that will organize all the vendors on the day of and keep up with the timeline and all the little things that come up? Check with your local for recommendations. We found someone that was just starting out and was only $400, but $1000 seems to be the norm in my area. Pricing will depend on where you live. If you don't want to spend the money, don't ask a friend or a family member to work. Consider doing a change out with another knottie on your local. A couple of girls did that on our local board, and it worked out great for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards