Chit Chat
Options

Day after our wedding - embarrassed by my groom's speech

Hi everyone, Today is my first day of married life. We had a wonderful wedding - everything was beautiful. However, today I have been very sad. Everything was perfect yesterday until my groom gave a somewhat embarrassing speech. It was more poking fun at himself (nothing at all embarrassing about me), but it made my heart sink a little. Although the rest of the day/night was fabulous, I have been focusing on this. I have been in tears today, as has my now husband. It wasn't what I planned for our first day of married life. If you have any advice for how to get past this, please let me know. I want to remember the day for all the good things. I realize that I have blown this out of proportion already, but all the emotions of the week have gotten the best of me. Thanks.

Re: Day after our wedding - embarrassed by my groom's speech

• Options
    First of all:  Congratulations!!  You're married! Try to focus on everything else.  Do you have any photos yet to look over?  Contact your guests who took pics and get them on CD so you can remember the other 99% of the day that went well.  The bad stuff will fade if you let it.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What was so bad about the speech?  Were you worried about what others thought of it or what he said in general?Congrats on the marriage btw!
  • Options
    Without knowing what he said I would just move on and let it go. There is no reason for one tiny thing to ruin the whole memory of the day for you. Honestly, you said you've been emotional and that you've already blown it all out of proportion so just shift your attention to the good and let go of this one tiny thing. Only you can continue to ruin your first day as a married couple. Good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!Can't really give complete advice unless I know what he said but here it goes: Maybe ask a friend/relative to put the speech in perspective like "that was nothing compared to what your uncle did at Sally's wedding." Can you laugh about it? Haha...At least your my a$$. Remember that you married a wonderful man that made a mistake so go cuddle & tell each other how much you love each other. If it is much more serious than a stupid speech, like he hit the nerve on serious underlying issues (alcoholism, self-esteem, trust issues) then make a appointment for counseling ASAP.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards