Chit Chat

Going mad.

I swear, I don't understand how people plan weddings in less than a year!  I have Nearly 2 1/2 and am so stressed.  I'm moving at hyper speed all the time, but feeling like I accomplish nothing! AHH!

Okay, (mini) rant over :)

Re: Going mad.

• Part of the reason that you're feeling so crazy is that you do have SO much time to plan. Typically, venues won't accept deposits this far out, and you really can't DO much until you have a venue, rough guest list, and budget.  Just enjoy being engaged for another year or so.  Collect ideas.  When it IS time for you to do things, you'll have a better idea of what you do and don't like, so it'll be easier to make things cohesive.  But for now, just enjoy the engagement!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Eh, I had a formal wedding with 100 guests, we planned the whole thing in 5.5 months and I barely broke a sweat.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: wedding planning is only as hard as the couple involved chooses to make it. Take a deep breath, you have more than enough time. A big thing to remember is that the single most important detail of the day is that you'll be married to your FI. Everything else is just details.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Yep, you're stressing yourself out unneccessarily.  Breathe.  What are you stressed out about 2 years before your wedding?  Why are you so frazzled? 
  • Meg is right! Only as stressfull as you make it! I have been having so much fun and very little stress - mostly the out of control guest list from his family that isnt helping us. But I dealt with it, decided not to sweat the small stuff and I have 4 months to do and barely anything left to do! I started planning in Novemeber 09.

Enjoy it! You have tons of time!

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we chose a shorter engagement, 8.5 months, because impatience is more stressful than planning. :)   Yeah its busy and keeping up with a checklist is not my specialty, but I dont want to put of the marriage!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_going-mad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:106998d0-ac23-444c-805b-4cbd39e379cfPost:bda97f28-41e9-4a8a-96ef-2b123469404c">Re: Going mad.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I had a formal wedding with 100 guests, <font color="#800000"><strong>we planned the whole thing in 5.5 months and I barely broke a sweat.</strong></font> If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: wedding planning is only as hard as the couple involved chooses to make it. Take a deep breath, you have more than enough time. A big thing to remember is that the single most important detail of the day is that you'll be married to your FI. Everything else is just details.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

It must be a Jersey thing.
  • We just got engaged in March and having the wedding in Oct. I have everything but the flowers done and am doing fine. I think once I let go and whoosa'd a few times I realized the only important thing to me was having a great time with everyone and celebrating our day, the stress went away. Of course, my FI has to remind me of that when I start looking at the time line. You'll do fine. Just go to your corner and breathe when you feel the need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards