Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Website

What is the best website to create your wedding website on and how far in advance would you start one?

Re: Wedding Website

• Options
    Well for one, don't use theknot's website. I've heard so many horror stories that it just is not worth the risk.

FI and I are using weddingwire, and so far it has been pretty good. It's really easy and straightforward -- though I wish we were able to customize it a LITTLE bit more.

You should start one up before you send out STDs (if you're doing them) so people can access the information needed. We started ours about 2 months prior to sending out STDs simply because we're in the early stages of planning so a lot has changed/been updated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am using the knot one and it has been great!  Easy to setup and for guest to follow. 
  • Options
    I'm using the knots website too and haven't had any problems, I made it before our STDs were sent out.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    julie279julie279 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I am using mywedding.com.  It is really easy and there are a lot of designs to choose from.  I did the website after the STD's, but finished it before the invites went out last week.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I used the one on the Knot, and we haven't had any problems with it.  It's free and it has worked for us, so I'd recommend it!  We set up our site before our save-the-dates went out, and included the web address on the save-the-date, so that people could get all the information.  It was a great way to get a lot of information out, especially for out of town guests.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also used mywedding.com
    It was free, and most of them are, unless you upgrade to a premium site.
  • Options
    I used wedsimple. I like it :)
    I started mine about 7 months in advance, around the time I sent the Save the Dates, because I  wanted to include the link on them.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I will look into the different websites & see which one I like best. I have a lot of time to check into this as my wedding is not until July 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards