Chit Chat

I want to delete my wedding website from The Knot. Please Help!

Hi All,

I had no idea where to post this and I've searched high and low and cannot find any info on the Knot that allows me to delete my website. I found another wedding website that I like better. I don't understand why the Knot doesn't have a "delete website" button or even a "delete account." page. WTF? Does anyone know how I can get rid of this website?  Thank you so much!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I want to delete my wedding website from The Knot. Please Help!

• You can just remove the information from it.  TK website automatically comes with your TK account, so I don't think you can delete it.

I am using weebly for my planning and guest websites.
  • You can't. Just delete all your information.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • jenna.linderjenna.linder member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    There is a box that you can check that will remove it from being searchable on The Knot's homepage.  If you go to the place where you can update your website, it should be on the bottom of that page (like where you can enter new text onto a page, etc.).  It won't be deleted, but unless someone has your specific URL, they won't be able to find it.  That might help you.  Good luck!

Edit:  Go to "My Website" then "Manage My Website" and on the bottom of the page is a link that says "Remove From Search."
    imagePhotobucketimagePhotobucketPromote My Wedding
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_want-delete-wedding-website-knot-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1c19d46e-fe7f-45fa-ab9b-4190eaf249e1Post:3ecc6a0b-b5b0-4d65-9d4b-d99900c4f7de">Re: I want to delete my wedding website from The Knot. Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a box that you can check that will remove it from being searchable on The Knot's homepage.  If you go to the place where you can update your website, it should be on the bottom of that page (like where you can enter new text onto a page, etc.).  It won't be deleted, but unless someone has your specific URL, they won't be able to find it.  That might help you.  Good luck! Edit:  Go to "My Website" then "Manage My Website" and on the bottom of the page is a link that says "Remove From Search."
    Posted by jenna.linder[/QUOTE]
    Yep. That's as much as you can do. But no can search it so it's pretty much the same as deleting it. 
  • Ok, I did all those things. Thanks so much, ladies. I appreciate the help!
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FYI - IF there's a compelling reason (i.e., a wedding website from a first marriage, ahem) if you contact them, they WILL delete the site. I think I contacted the tech support people.
    That XXX and Missy have been happily married for (whatever 6 years x 365 days is) was like a punch in the gut and I wanted it GONE.

Plus, had I actually created a usable website for guests, I didn't want that one popping up by accident.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • pimpko911pimpko911 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    You actually CAN delete the website, although it is tucked away in the most random of all places on the website. Simply follow these steps:

Click the "Tools" tab, then click the arrow on the left column next to "My Website" and there should be an option that says "Delete my website"

Hope this helps!
  • When I click the arrow on the left column next to "My Website" I do not get a Delete option.  It just says:

Any other tips?

Thanks for your help!
  • Hey!

I also found a website that I like better for RSVP's and such and is much more user friendly for guests and wanted to delete my knot website. I somehow stumbled upon this link of the knot and this what they said to do about deleting your site. Hope this helps and hope it works for the both of us!

Congratulations on tying "the knot"!

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/wedding-website-help/articles/having-more-than-one-wedding-website.aspx
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_want-delete-wedding-website-knot-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:1c19d46e-fe7f-45fa-ab9b-4190eaf249e1Post:3d310420-02b5-435b-907f-00d39919325a">Re: I want to delete my wedding website from The Knot. Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Found this. Hope it helps:   Send the complete URL of that page to  membersupport@theknot.com  and we'll take care of it for you. --  The Knot Read more:  Web Pages: What To Do if You Have More Than One Web PageTheKnot.com -   <a href="http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/wedding-website-help/articles/having-more-than-one-wedding-website.aspx#ixzz20XCa33Uy">http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/wedding-website-help/articles/having-more-than-one-wedding-website.aspx#ixzz20XCa33Uy</a>
    Posted by ChrisAndChatney[/QUOTE]

Considering she posted this question 15 months ago, I think she's found her answer.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards