Chit Chat
Options

When it comes to wedding hair...

Would you rather wear it really similar to how you have it on a daily basis, or do something different?

I had my hair trial this weekend and we were playing around with some different looks.  I usually wear my hair down, straight, and parted on the left side.  I wanted an updo, and for a bit of extra oomph my hair dresser suggested doing something a little differet and just having it go straight back (with volume and teasing) instead of being parted on the side.  When she did it at first I didn't really like it, but once she put the veil in I was like DANG.  She's good.  I don't know if I just didn't like it because it was different or if I really just didn't like it.

So now I don't know what to do!  Should I stick with my original vision of an updo, parted on the side with lots of volume?  Go for the "new" look of straight back??  I just want to feel beautiful, and I already am lacking some self confidence haha.  Thanks ladies!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When it comes to wedding hair...

• Options
    On the day to day I wear my hear down, straight, parted on the left too.  For my wedding I had a straight back updo pulled off to the side, curled and the curls pinned.  At first I thought it looked "severe" but I grew to love it and then with the veil, it was great.  I would go with what the hairdresser says as they're the professionals.
  • Options
    If you loved how it looked, go for it.   As long as it makes you smile and makes you happy. Trust your judgment. Good luck! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It doesn't sound radically different, just special. If you liked it, I'd say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My stylist attempted to do something like that - I also normally wear my hair down, straightened with the part to the side and she tried to pull it straight back but I didn't like the severe look of it and I didn't feel like myself. I ended up going with a curly "up do" that still had my same part with some bangs framing my face. It just felt like fancier me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards