Chit Chat

Nothing to do with much...

but Hubby got me a golden retriever puppy!!!! I'm absolutely flabbergasted! I am super nervous for our first dog!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nothing to do with much...

• So cute!  I love golden retrievers.   I'm jealous!
    DSC_9275
  • that sounds so exciting.  Congrats!
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I got a rescue puppy right before FI (then boyfriend) moved to Los Angeles for school and it was VERY hard. Now everything is good, but things were rough for a few months. If I can offer ANY advice, it would be to find a good obedience school! We BOTH learned so much, and more importantly, I learned to love him (seriously, rough waters for awhile).
    Good luck!
  • Pics?
    And yay puppy!
  • Thank you! and yes we discussed it before hand.  We actually have to wait until the end of march for him to be ready to leave the breeders. I def want to take him to an obedience school. I am excited for the housebreaking, training part to be done. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_nothing-to-do-with-much?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:3752f1d8-6379-4e86-ba10-9892b25ef5ddPost:74b35e7a-1cf6-47c2-953c-fe776edc6638">Re: Nothing to do with much...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a rescue puppy right before FI (then boyfriend) moved to Los Angeles for school and it was VERY hard. Now everything is good, but things were rough for a few months. If I can offer ANY advice, it would be to find a good obedience school! We BOTH learned so much, and more importantly, I learned to love him (seriously, rough waters for awhile). Good luck!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

BAH! I feel you on this one. We got our puppy right before Christmas and I was exhausted all the time. I felt horrible because I wasn't really loving the lifestyle that he came with. I should have expected it, but it definitely took some adjusting to. Things are getting better by the month, and it's only now that I am fully able to appreciate him and the joy that he brings to my life.
  • We have a golden retriever too. She's almost 3 and she's still as crazy as when she was 6 months old. High energy breeds (like retrievers) need LOTS of exercise and toys that they can (duh) retrieve. Take the dog to obedience school as soon as you can. It will make your life much easier.
    Anniversary
  • Yay :). You should post a picture when you get him!
    I totally agree with training school, we got a German sheperd  and he is still a handfull  after 2 levels of training (he's a year and 4 months now). Best thing ever for biting IMO, a little tin with some pennies in it and shake it whenever they start. It works for chewing and jumping up and digging too :)
    Good luck and happy puppy breath :)
  • How exciting!! I grew up with golden retrievers and they are so sweet and are very easy to train! FI and I can't wait to get a dog, but we agreed to wait until after the stress of the wedding. I'm jealous though! I want one now! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards