Chit Chat

venting grrrrr

my 30 yr old sister has her bf over and i dont really like him, and i'm more annoyed at the fact that she has been "trying to get on her feet" for a year now and is still lving here. She has to be out by feb ... but man I want her out now! I love her but wedding pressure is starting to sink in and i want down time ... I don't like strangers in my house ( he never talks so I've known him for a year but he is still a stranger)

grrrrrrrr

Re: venting grrrrr

• That would be quite annoying. But if it is your place, then you need to set the rules for visitors, etc and perhaps a deadline on when she has to be out. I have never had a roomate (except for my H if that counts) bc I know I could never handle a situation like yours. And it is even with a family member, I couldn't imagine if it were a friend.
  • i'm the same as PP. To save money, my dad told us we should get a 2 bedroom apartment and have a room mate. I can't imagine sharing my space. I like my privacy, and I lead a lifestyle much different from my friends. (I don't like to have outrageous parties, I'm more established with my life)

You should make rules. It is your house, and she's a guest. Have you tried to get to know him at all?? My family got to know my FI by me bringing him to our family game nights every week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I definitely understand your frustration.  H got a roommate about a month before we got engaged because his old one had moved and the bills were too high.  We were an LDR so I was only there every other weekend.  But the weekends we were there I hated having someone else around.  Not that I needed the privacy or anything since he kept to himself a lot, but once you have a set lifestyle and routines other people totally throw it off.  Plus he used to always try to get us to go out to the clubs and we were both so over it. 

If your sister isn't paying you any rent then you should definitely put down some ground rules.  That would drive me nuts to have people there that I barely knew.  But hey, tomorrow is November already so she will be out soon! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Gotta love the awkward boyfriend...  I couldn't imagine someone else living with H and me.  We love our quiet life, and we each generally know how to respect each other's space.

To be fair, you really shouldn't kick her out until February.  Putting her out before the agreed date could really hurt your relationship.

I'm sorry for your frustration.  I hope it gets better and not worse.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks ladies ... yeah we sent ground rules. She isn't happy that I said no sleep overs and out by midnight. She does pay rent but its really cheap. She has pretty much never been on her own in a city that costs anything to live in. She has managed to go to college and live in same towns for next to nothing.

FI actully suggested the idea to help us save some cash, when she needed a place, and then my mom ended up in the hospital and it became great having each other here going threw that together.

Well now its a year later and I want my FI to be able to walk around with his shirt off ... he grew up with 3 younger sisters - boys were not allowed to walk around without being fully clothed no matter when or what time. He even gets fully dressed to pee in the middle of the night ...........

just a few more months .........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards