Montana

Roll Call for Montana Brides!

Okay, who all is lurking on this board? I know we don't post a lot, but I'll admit that I come by at least occasionally to see if I've missed a new post. So, reply with the following: 1. Location 2. Wedding Date 3. Incorporating anything "Montana" specific to the wedding (or just some cool aspect special to you and FI) 4. What part of the planning are you working on right now? Hope to hear from you ladies! :)

Re: Roll Call for Montana Brides!

• edited December 2011
    I'll give Eastern Montana a voice here. 1. I will be getting married at Pella Lutheran in Sidney. It is a beautiful Danish heritage church (which is mine also) and was the "mother" church for the one I grew up in (meaning we borrowed their ministers). 2. I am hoping for an October wedding either next year or the following. We haven't set a date yet- we're not in that much hurry. 3. I will probably have some dried wheat somewhere- not a whole sheaf, but kind of hidden. My dad is a farmer/rancher and even though neither my fh or I are in agriculture, it is part of my growing up. 4. Right now I'm just getting ideas, but I do have my dress and the wedding ring is picked out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm Jenny, I stop by on occasion but only as my schedule allows (or really late at night). 1. Location - Red Lodge at Rock Creek2. Wedding Date - 6/12/103. Incorporating anything "Montana" specific to the wedding (or just some cool aspect special to you and FI) - The Save The Dates are vintage MT postcards, I'm probably going to wear boots under my dress and I'm plotting something for favors but don't know what yet4. What part of the planning are you working on right now? - Trying to find a DJ! How does this work?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi... Living out in Portland and excited to talk with some people who are planning weddings out there!!
    2. We're getting married July 10th, 2010 in Bozeman.
    1. We've booked the Lazy B Barn near Bozeman.
    3. We're doing all wildflowers picked the morning of from my partner's family cabin and trying to source as much of our food sourced locally made by our Amazing friends and family...
    And totally trying to rock the red cowboy boots....
    4. We're trying to figure out the food right now. Hard to say if it really is cost effective to have friends and family help us with the food or if we should just go with a caterer.... Also, accommodations... ugh. The majority of our guests are coming from other states and are already asking me for places to stay... Is the day really all about the bride and groom?!?!?
  • edited December 2011
    Woohoo for Montana!

1. Billings MT, the Ceremony - St. Pius, and the Reception-The Elks.
    2. 10-2-10
    3. Just All The Pretty Colors Of The Trees!
    4. Ugh, the photographer! I am have a tough time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm christina.
    I'm from Havre,
    but my fiance is from Helena.
    We wanted the wedding in Helena,
    at the Red Lion, but it was just far too expensive!
    We found a great location at Canyon Ferry Mansion,
    which is only 30 miles out side of Helena.
    Our wedding date is September 11, 2010.
    We are sticking with a traditional wedding,
    but it will be nice, with alot of my family from out of state,
    to see the mountains and lakes we have to offer in montana!
    I have just started the planning.
    I hope it goes well!
  • autumfaithautumfaith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi all,

Getting married 2-13-10, at Shadow's Keep in Missoula.

We are having a Celtic themed wedding (my FI is of Scottish heritage and I am part Irish).  We are planning to incorporate a handfast into our ceremony. 

Currently working on the flowers....

Autum

• ras26ras26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becky here.  I'm also getting married at Rock Creek Resort in Red Lodge, 8/14/10.  I'm from Montana, but live in Maryland now.  My mom is doing a lot of the leg work for me, but I'll be home in Feb when we'll try to find a dress, talk to a florist, do engagement photos (if my mom likes the photog she's meeting next week), find tux rentals,  and maybe do some cake tasting.  Yum!  I'm not really doing anything Montana theme-y.  Having the wedding in the mountains by the creek is enough for me and exciting for all my out of town guests (over half are from out of state).  I'm really going for simple and classic.

Jenny - since you're using the same site, let me know if you have any secrets or recommendations!! 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Brides 2b. Congratulations to All. I'm going to post this and then probably never be able to find it again. ugg. I am the mom of the soon to be bride. I am in CT and she is in Missoula MT. I have to say I am somewhat disappointed in the lack of information/resources available on theknot for weddings in MT :(
    I am doing some prelimary legwork here for the daughter, just some exploring to see what might be available etc.
    She would like a summer wedding outdoors there in Big Sky.
    Anyone have any suggestions for locations in the Missoula area?
    Thank you in advance.
    Best Wishes and Good Luck Blessings to you!
    aja's mom in ct
  • babu513babu513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Montanans and lovers of Montana!

I am Jenny and from NY but I love Montana!  My aunt and uncle have a place in Big Sky and I have been going every summer and winter for the past 10 years.

1.  Location - Big Sky either Soldier's Chapel or outside at my Aunt and Uncle's
         Reception - No clue!!!! I want to find a barn and caterer so it is low key and not expensive
    2.  Date - nothing finalized but thinking August 14 or 21st, 2010
    3.   All things MT!  I am seriously considering cowboy boots... but the things most important are the beautiful outdoor setting and activities for guests - fly fishing, horseback riding, golf, Yellowstone, white water rafting and hiking.
    4.  Just got engaged 2 weeks ago and I am just starting everything but my main concern is a barn for a reception.

• edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm Samantha from Seattle, but I'm marrying in Montana.  My grandfather built a cabin out on Hebgen Lake in the 1930s, and I spent a nice chunk of my summers growing up there. 

1. Location - The Timbers at Moonlight Basin in Big Sky. 
    2. August 21, 2010
    3. I'm excited to have my fiance's New Jersey family see Montana and Yellowstone for the first time.  We'll try to get people hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing and visiting the park.
    4.  We got engaged at the cabin in Hebgen Lake late August 2009, and this was the nicest nearby location.  We've booked location, cake, flowers and photographer.  Now I'm working on everything else here in Seattle. 

I'm happy to help people out with resources in the area!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Montana Bride From WA (Seattle area)
    1. Red Lodge at the Red Lodge Mountain Resort Clubhouse
    2. September 4th, 2010
    3. The only thing Montana specific is my hubby. We are going to make it a romantic outdoorsy theme
    4. My Husband, Yep We were married via a double proxy as we are both currently serving in Iraq until July, are planning almost the entire thing from here in Iraq. Thank god for internet! He will be in his Class As and I will be a princess for a day. We have the site, favors picked out, invitations done, but are still looking for a florist, baker, and we are hoping to book a good country band.
  • climbmt26climbmt26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm from Montana and my fiance and I both went to school at MSU, so we're having the wedding back in Montana. My parents live on the West Gallatin north of Manhattan, so we're doing everything out there. The date is August 14, 2010. We're doing a river theme, and my mom and I have been working on an invitation design (FI and I live in North Dakota, so my planning has been mostly w/ my mother's help and quick trips back home). We're incorporating cattails and river rocks into the theme. FI has lots of family in Germany, so we're just really excited to show them how beautiful Montana is, especially in the summer.

• LauraS13LauraS13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Laura, raised in Billings and went to college in Bozeman. Now we live in Tulsa, OK... so I too, am trying to plan a wedding from far away!

We have a tentive location at the Spring Hill Pavillion outside of Bozeman.
    The date is September 25, 2010.
    The only MT theme is just being able to be surrounded by the mountains and all the beauty that we miss so much!!
    Right now I am working on trying to budget things and am completely overwhelmed by how expencive everything seems!!!

Anyone have any advice on where to find reasonable prices on wedding essentials?
  • edited December 2011
    Ceremony & Reception both will be at family friends property, they used to do weddings all the time, but are mostly retired from the biz now. 08/14/10 is the date, afternoon casual/retro theme in there somewhere. more of the casual part i'm thinking. I just got done ordering all my flowers, i'm a DIY bride so going with silk. Only things left are the cake, already picked a place just dont have contract, bridal party clothing and a few last minute minor things. All going great, Good Luck to everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello my fellow MT brides!
    1. We're both originally from Michigan, but moved to Bozeman in '08. Love it here! So, the wedding's going to be outside at the Gallatin River Hideaway in Bozeman, even though 75% of our guest list is out-of-towners :-P
    2. June 26th, 2010
    3. My fiance is a former bull-rider, wrangler, and he shoes horses now... so he'll be in boots and his hat, I'll be wearing old-fashioned western wedding boots.
    4. We're about to start addressing the invitations, and I've been searching for wedding party gifts... I'm starting to feel all the "little" things that you can't really do until the day gets close piling up and awaiting tackling in the not-too-distant future...
  • edited December 2011
    Just got engaged (again) last month, so I'm very early in the planning stage. This is my second marrige to the same guy, so we have an idea of what we want, just want it a little nicer this time. We are getting married July 9th, 2011 which is during North American Indian Days, in Browning.This time I would like to have a photographer since very few people got pictures of our last wedding almost 14 years ago, and even fewer people shared any photos with us. I'm still trying to decide if we are going really fancy with this, or just a little nicer.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Roll Call for Montana Brides!:
    Anyone have any advice on where to find reasonable prices on wedding essentials?
    Posted by LauraS13[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you have a Micheals in Bozeman, but every Sunday they have 40% off coupons on the paper you can use on anything in the store. Thats definately a start when trying to get some inexpensive items, since EVERYTHING for weddings are marked WAY up. There is a DIY board on the knot you should check out because it can save TONS of money on DIY rather then buying everything. I'm just not craftsy enough to do it so I'm opting to buy it already done :) GOOD Luck!
  • RisaJean22RisaJean22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Location - Fort Peck/Glasgow
    2. Wedding Date - June 2, 2012
    3. Incorporating anything "Montana" specific to the wedding (or just some cool aspect special to you and FI) - haven't thought of anything yet.. just started planning about a week and a half ago!
    4. What part of the planning are you working on right now? ceremony ideas and colors. And just trying to be patient with the planning - I'm getting too excited to do everything and our wedding is just under a year away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards