Montana

Great Falls Wedding Help!

I am looking for a venue where everything is pretty much done for you.  I am looking at the Meadowlark Country club and was wondering if there were any opinions on that?  I would like an outdoor ceremony, but I don't think I could afford someplace out in the mountains; also since I need to accomodate the elder and people with kids.  I also looked at Boulder Ridge, but could not find much info on it.  I am probably looking at 150-200 guests.  Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated!   

Re: Great Falls Wedding Help!

• The Heritage Inn is a beautiful hotel. I live in Billings, but I wanted to get married there so bad. It was not a viable option for us though.
  • Hey Leah!
    I'm sure you have found more information but I just happened upon your post and wasn't sure if you had found any or not so thought I'd send a little message.  Andy and I went to a wedding at the country club last summer and it was really nice.  They had the ceremony outside and reception on the main floor.  There is a pretty large dining room and wood floor that was a nice dance floor.  The country club catered and the food was pretty delish.  I'm not sure what all of their menu options are though.  I was a little worried about fitting enough people in the dining area but we were there again this last weekend for an event and they really packed people in there so I think they could do a good number of guests.  I'm not sure if they provided chairs for the outdoor ceremony but I think they did... If you know a member at the country club I think members basically get the whole floor for free, you just have to pay for food and any drinks you want provided to guests without charge but they do have a full bar too. I don't know if this helps or not but hopefully it does!! Best of luck - Lehni

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_montana_great-falls-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:100Discussion:1fa1f81d-b018-4bfa-8b22-e3d9b5c82618Post:edc9c116-36a8-4f4f-882c-99860c905f07">Great Falls Wedding Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for a venue where everything is pretty much done for you.  I am looking at the Meadowlark Country club and was wondering if there were any opinions on that?  I would like an outdoor ceremony, but I don't think I could afford someplace out in the mountains; also since I need to accomodate the elder and people with kids.  I also looked at Boulder Ridge, but could not find much info on it.  I am probably looking at 150-200 guests.  Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated!   
    Posted by lwhirry[/QUOTE]
  • Lehni In Response to Great Falls Wedding Help! :
    Hey Lehni!! Wonderful to see you on here! We actually decided to go with the Country Club as it just seems ideal, realistic and simple!  My parents are new members so the location would be free and we just have to pay for the food and drinks which was a huge seller for me.  Wedding stuff gets soo expensive and so I knew that would be best!  Plus having everything just right there will make it so much easier for the guests and people with kids or what not!  We booked the date for July 6, 2013 and sometime this month we will meet up with the coordinator Holli to get some of the details down!  If you have any questions about wedding stuff also, please do ask! I would love to help, plus having someone in the same situation makes it more fun and not as scary, all the details get overwhelming!  Thanks for your input about the club's food and details like that!  I haven't been to any big events there!  Wonderful hearing from you!!  
  • Excellent! Glad you went with it.  I think that you will be happy with the location.  It is definitely a nice venue and a great deal for members! You'll have to let me know how things go. :)  We are going to wait an extra summer for our wedding so we won't know much until we start making some decisions this summer but it is definitely fun to bounce ideas off of other people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards