Chit Chat
Options

Knot Posts

Later down the road once I post my website, registries, etc. is there any way the people invited to my wedding can somehow view to my community posts?  I hope that his it NOT possible, as I do not want to see any of it since it is sometimes discussing my wedding. However, when you click on my profile, it appears that you can see all I have written.  Can they find my profile info from my website and registry info?  Please help me how to solve this!

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm a little confused & couldn't find any info on this....

Re: Knot Posts

• Options
    edited April 2011
    They shouldn't be able to find your info if they don't know your user name, however, there are privacy settings you can set on your account so when people click on your profile and click on how many board posts you have, they won't be able to see where's you've posted.

If you click on mine you should see that it says "This Knottie is keeping her wedding a secret" or something like that.
  • Options
    If they google your username, yes, they can see all of the posts you've every written. If you don't want this to happen, I suggest making a new username and don't connect it to your wedding website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oops..sorry..I didn't realize your username is attached to your wedding website.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_knot-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:43237b38-2e8c-4d49-b778-3de6e6b0277ePost:4a9be066-358e-4468-a479-b7b1c056cbfe">Re: Knot Posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops..sorry..I didn't realize your username is attached to your wedding website.
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

<div>My username is connected with my website in the sense that I set up the site using this account, but guests visiting my website can't see my username.  As long as your username isn't your name or part of your URL, I don't think it's an issue.  Maybe someone with advanced computer knowledge could figure it out somehow, since they are connected, but I doubt your guests will be trying to do that.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards