Chit Chat

First Wedding Nightmare . . . lol

I had my first wedding "nightmare" (I don't really have nightmares that scare me, they just leave me confused when I wake up).  I  dreamt that I couldn't get ready for the wedding until the girl doing my hair showed up, and she had mysteriously disappeared.  In the dream, I didn't care that much until I realized that the guests were showing up and didn't know why no one was there at the wedding, and then I felt really bad for them and starting freaking out.  I really shouldn't think about wedding details just before bed . . .
Anyone else have crazy wedding related dreams?  The crazier the better! 

Re: First Wedding Nightmare . . . lol

• I dreamt my hair was soaking wet for the ceremony.  I didn't have time to get ready.
  • I always have dreams nothing is ready... Such as my dress that I didn't have time to alter or they forgot my cake so they just bought donut holes and tried frosting them in a pile.

I keep getting ones like that all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_first-wedding-nightmare-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:484a9305-9f7a-4601-9bdf-0dcd9255f8aePost:f3a48c8b-2ee8-4263-91b5-914cbf26d2a5">Re: First Wedding Nightmare . . . lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always have dreams nothing is ready... Such as my dress that I didn't have time to alter or they forgot my cake so they just bought donut holes and tried frosting them in a pile. I keep getting ones like that all the time.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

I keep having very similar dreams.  It's always about something not being ready in time or me having forgotten something!  The worst was the dream where I had completely forgotten to take care of "ceremony music" and that I had to sing myself down the aisle. 
  • It's not a dream so much but if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't get back to sleep!  My wheels start spinning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine wakes me up sweating & crying. I have a dream that the day is going perfectly. No one forgets anything, everyone is on time, & etc. Well I walk down the aisle with my dad and get to my Fi and all of a sudden he clears his throat & preceeds to yell (at the top of his lungs I might add) about how much I disgust him and he can't stand me. I have a really hard time going back to sleep.
  • Liane28, that's an awesome dream!  At least your dream self came up with something to save the day! 
    Lnl60810, your dream was also crazy.  Now that's a nightmare!

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_first-wedding-nightmare-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:484a9305-9f7a-4601-9bdf-0dcd9255f8aePost:1f6d395c-45a2-45b9-8d86-930aba523147">First Wedding Nightmare . . . lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my first wedding "nightmare" (I don't really have nightmares that scare me, they just leave me confused when I wake up).  I  dreamt that I couldn't get ready for the wedding until the girl doing my hair showed up, and she had mysteriously disappeared.  In the dream, I didn't care that much until I realized that the guests were showing up and didn't know why no one was there at the wedding, and then I felt really bad for them and starting freaking out.  I really shouldn't think about wedding details just before bed . . . <strong>Anyone else have crazy wedding related dreams?  The crazier the better! </strong>
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

I dreamed my house went on fire the night before my wedding and I had to throw my dress out the 5th floor window to save it.... Oh wait... that really happened.

All joking about the past aside. I used to dream that my venue got flooded and we had an underwater wedding.  Weird I know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I suck at remembering my wedding dreams, and I know I had one last night but I can't remember details at all now!  The only vivid one I do remember is from a few weeks ago, where we had to keep changing the venue on the day of the wedding so everyone had to keep moving to a new destination...and my dress was different at each venue.  I finally walked down the aisle in a big blue puffy dress with a creepy organ playing in the background in a 70s style church. It was really werid!  Came at a time we were in process of picking a new venue and searching for the dress, so it makes sense really!

Anniversary
  • I dreamed that no one showed up.  Actually, the dream was always 8 people.  There were always 8 people there, and every night, it was a different 8 people.  I was terrified that no one would give a crap and they wouldn't come.  That made me crazy many many many nights.
  • I had  dream once that none of our guest showed up. We had invited 200 people and no one showed! 
  • I had the craziest wedding dream/nightmare. First I forgot to shave my legs and I didn't have time. To get my hair and makeup done. Then my photographer showed up and he forgot how to speak English. He and my father got Ina fight and the photographer left. The limo comes but it's not a limo it's actually a white sun that is driven by one of my uncles. So I'm getti g in the truck with my bridesmaids and Lionel richie is in ther eating buffalo wings and he spills them all over my future sister in laws dress. We finally make it to the church but my ring bearer and flower girl who are my little cousins refuse to walk them down the aisle so their dad drives them down the aisle in their mini can. That's when I woke up. Crazy ridiculous right?????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • reppunzelreppunzel member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I had one that someone decided that to "surprise" me with one of those someone-else-plans-everything kind of deals that were popular as reality TV shows a while back (bride has no say in anything ... just shows up that day, has to wear the dress purchased for her, has never seen the venue, etc.).  In this case the planners were some very dear little old ladies from the church I grew up in plus random people from the past ten or so years ... each one had been "in charge" of a different aspect ...

I definitely was surprised in the dream (which took place during the reception).  Trying to conceal my horrific disappointment, struggling to be polite and reasonably honest ("well that's so ... creative!  I've never seen a booby-shaped cheese ball at a wedding before", "Oh, there will be games next?!?  I'm not sure I can handle musical chairs in this, um, unique dress. A relay race?  Ummmm, well, maybe"), reminding myself that the important thing is that we're married now (we are, aren't we???) and looking around desperately for FI.  One of the sweet ladies kept telling me I really needed to sit down in my wheelchair and be patient, because I'm not allowed to see the groom until he comes in on the zip line ...
  • I had my first dream a couple of weeks ago! Something had happened to our venue, so we were getting married in a mall. While getting ready, my mom started crying and saying it would mean the world to her if I wore her old denim jumpsuit (which doesn't exist!) under my dress. My walk down the aisle was a ride down the escalator and our reception was a mix match theme, every table was a different color. It was so weird but I'm glad our guests at least showed up! Ha!
  • I dream of details for the reception. The other night I drempt we were crumbling up Ramen Noodles (before you boil them) and sprinkling them on the table for decoration, cuz "Everyone is doing it". wtf???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards