Montana
Options

Crowne Plaza in Billings?

Helllo!! :)  I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have any input on The Crowne Plaza as a venue?  I am planning a Nov wedding for next year from Phliadelphia so I need all the help I can get!  Laughing  Thanks in advance!

Re: Crowne Plaza in Billings?

• Options
    Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you thinking of using the ballroom or the Petroleum Club? 

I think the ballroom is nice, how many people are you expecting?  You will probably have to use their catering and it is rather expensive.  We have a fundraiser there every year for work.  It is nice, and the food is usually good.  Have you called for pricing or anything like that yet.  

What do you want your wedding to look like?  Are you looking for just a reception site? Give me some more details and I will try to help you.  If you want I can e-mail you pictures from our fundraiser if you think that would help.  I do know that the staff is very nice and helpful.

I am getting married in September 2011 and have been planning for 9 months!  Let me know if you have any other specific questions!  I would love to help you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well thank you!!!  Yes, I contacted them and I do need to use their catering but the fees also include set up and tear down which is great.  I would really appreciate the photos because I am trying to plan all of this from Philadelphia! I'm orginally from Billings though.  I'm looking for both the ceremony and reception to be in the same location for the out of towners.  I do need suggestions as far as DJs and photographers go though...thanks for your help! Smile
  • Options
    Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will e-mail you the photos from our event at the Crown Plaza Ballroom.  E-mail me your address to Linds32_msub@yahoo.com and I will send them to you before the end of the week.  I have no idea where you were planning on having the ceremony there, but I am sure they could find some where. 

One of our friends is DJing our wedding, and I am not sure if he would do others, but I will ask.  I have heard lots of great things on the MT boards about other DJs.  Our photographer is Scott Duprious.  His website is creativeimagerybyscott.com
    Scott requires $200 to reserve your day and then you pay for the pictures after.  His website isn't that great, but he takes some really great pictures.  The $200 includes an engagement session if you want, print outs for newspapers and also electronic files for Save the Dates.  We are getting our engagement pics taken in 2 weeks!  I am really excited. 

My FI and I are getting married at Chancey's Event Center in Huntley.  We are having the ceremony on the lawn and then the reception inside.  It is gorgeous and then we can control who we use for catering if you want to go with that option. 

Do you know who is going to do your flowers?  We are using Evergreen IGA-they are cheap and I haven't heard anything bad about them.  I have seen some gorgeous arrangements from them.

If you have anyother questions, you have my e-mail feel free to use it!

HAPPY PLANNING!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well thank you so much for getting back to me!!  I'm going to write you an email right now Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!!! I just happend upon your post and thought I might be of some help for you!    I am a wedding photographer here in Billings and have work with the best in the business here!  I have recomendations for everything from Hair and Makeup to DJ's and venues, and your in luck, I had my wedding reception at the Crowne.  Shoot me an email and I would be happy to help you out! 
    check out a link here to a recent wedding
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=450579502766&oid=64890700364&comments
    Have a great day
    Sam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards