Chit Chat
Options

First time...

I've ever seen/heard of this done.

One of my co-workers is getting married in October and we got our invitations in the mail the other day. Well today we had dinner at another co-worker's house and she also is invited to the wedding. She had her invitation laying on the counter when we walked in and it was different than the one we got, at least appearance wise it was. The wording was the same. We were both invited to the reception.

Is this a common thing for people to do? I always thought you ordered one type and sent that to everyone.

Re: First time...

• Options
    Maybe they couldn't get enough of the kind they wanted and the company substituted another design.  Or maybe they couldn't decied and went with a couple designs.  Does it really matter?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe she ran out and had to order another type?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I just thought they were typically the same. Then I thought, well maybe its more common for brides to do this now.
  • Options
    JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My guess would be that she just ran out of one and ordered more. I wouldn't see it as a big deal at all...
  • Options
    when I can't decide which pair of shoes to buy, I get both.  Maybe she did that with invitations?
  • Options
    They probably couldn't decide. Oh well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_first-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:578c5548-6cb8-45a5-951c-583ae71468d0Post:4f1fcf02-0c1e-4112-ad69-726717989830">Re: First time...</a>:
    [QUOTE]when I can't decide which pair of shoes to buy, I get both.  Maybe she did that with invitations?
    Posted by jenn.daniel[/QUOTE]

As long as there's no indication that it's a tiered reception or something (You said everything was printed the same, right?), then this is what my money's on.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    She probably purchased them on sale and couldn't get enough in one style. I'm sure she thought her guests wouldn't find out that she used 2 different invitations.
  • Options
    I have heard of people sending out hand written (expensive) invitations to the close friends and family who would keep the invitation, and then they send a cheaper version to everyone else.  She could have done this, but I think it's more likely she just ran out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've seen a few who have had different, but similarly themed, invites. 
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    I bought my invites already and now I'm worried that I might not have enough for everyone, the way FI keeps adding to the guest list. So if it turns out that I need more and can't find the same ones, I will get some that are like them. Right now 100 invites is enough plus extra but you never know. I'm sure it wasn't anything personal.
  • Options
    I did two different STD cards because I could only get a certain number of each design from free =)

But I dont think I would have done it with my invites just in case people saw other people's, like you did.

Were they the same color scheme?
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_first-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:578c5548-6cb8-45a5-951c-583ae71468d0Post:57e22ae0-f934-4028-85d9-69aec96d56fd">Re: First time...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did two different STD cards because I could only get a certain number of each design from free =) But I dont think I would have done it with my invites just in case people saw other people's, like you did. Were they the same color scheme?
    Posted by SarahRuthG[/QUOTE]

Nothing a like. Our's was red, orange, & yellow. Their's was black, white, and blue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards