Chit Chat

when get the dress

i am getting married sept 14th 2013 and i havent even looked at wedding dresses!!! i am more excited about the bridesmaids dresses and decortions. however i need to get my dress and the bridesmaids dresses.    what is everyones suggestion on when i should start looking for me and my bridesmaids dresses? or by what month should i rreally get my butt n gear!!              thsnks :)

Re: when get the dress

• I'm getting married November of this year and didn't start looking at dresses until early April and bought mine in early May, so I started looking online at about 8 months. I didn't do a ton of dress shopping, two weekends. Looking back, I wish I had bought my dress a couple of months earlier than I did, mine won't be here until just over a month before the wedding. I would recommend maybe starting to look online at styles you like now and maybe going to look after Christmas. One thing to think about in trying to buy a dress farther out is that once you've bought one, stop looking. I see tons of people on here who either buy something they don't love or buy and keep looking and end up trying to sell the first dress and order a second or just get really down about the whole thing. Take some time to look and try on, but once you put the money down just go cold turkey on looking at dresses if you think you'll be easily moved. 

• I would suggest going anytime now. I am getting married August 2013 and went dress shopping for the first time last weekend. I will say one thing though, I spent a lot of time looking online at dresses I thought I might like before actually going dress shopping because so many girls on here suggested I do so. Well it was a complete waste of time. Everything I thought I would like looked awful. The dresses the consultant pulled were the ones that looked good. The dresses you see online on models will look completely different on you, its just not realistic.
  • Thank you guys!! I def think i am going to start looking online to get ideas!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards