Chit Chat

Pregnant!

Hey everyone,

I got engaged in June and was planning my dream wedding for August, 2013. Last week I found out that I am pregnant! So obviously this puts a bump in my wedding plans. Our first choice was do we move the wedding up, or postpone it. Rather than postpone it and end up having that date move back and back...who knows what will happen with a new baby in our lives. We decided to move the wedding up to the spring. I will have a bump, but hopefully will be feeling good and won't be too huge.

Has this happened to anyone else here? I would absolutely love any and all advice on planning a wedding pregnant. Everything from the dress to the timing to the honeymoon has all changed. I am feeling overwhelmed and nervous to say the least.

Thank yu!

Re: Pregnant!

• ^^ Nailed it.

Congratulations!
  • Krikin22Krikin22 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pregnant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:5e774f0d-a203-4fb4-b4d7-f7ed89c8b18bPost:2aa27053-6de7-43c3-a088-64fc6f349137">Re: Pregnant!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Delaney!  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  I think your plan to move the wedding up to spring is a good one.  Wait as long as you can to shop for a dress, or look for an empire waist one with more give through the waist.  Also keep in mind that your chest will probably get much larger in the coming months, so that's another reason to wait on the dress.  And buy flat shoes! Other than that, I just emphasize flexibility.  You don't know what the next six months hold for you - while I hope you have a healthy and easy pregnancy, any number of complications can get in your way.  So plan your event, but know that some details may need to change to accommodate your pregnancy.  If at the end of it you're married to your Fi and have a happy, healthy baby, that matters much more than finding the perfect flowers or whatever.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think this is great advice. Congrats on your pregnancy :)</div>
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • DItto the advice above -- and congratulations!!!  
    DSC_9275
  • Congratulations!! FI and I were in the same situation, but we pushed ours back instead of moving it up.  In retrospect, I think it might have been easier to move it up like you're doing.  So, I think you're making the right choice!  Good luck and congratulations again!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards