Chit Chat

Baby Shower Planning

Well my sister is 8 months pregnant. Her baby shower is on Novemer 14th. I've never helped plan a baby shower, I've just always attended. Well the "Grandma's" are the host. My mom has helped w/decorations & food for other family members but never actually had to do it all. So I'm just wondering what would be some good things to do or food to have, etc.

The theme of the shower is Cherry Blossoms because that's what my sister wanted, Also its a Girl!!!

~Dating:6/21/05 ~ Engaged:9/25/09 ~ Married:7/9/11~
Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Anniversary

Re: Baby Shower Planning

• Really any kind of food at a baby shower is ok. What time of day is the shower? I have been to an evening shower as well as an afternoon shower.

If I were you, I would make either a bunch of casserole type dishes that will go far. Maybe your Grandma can help you with the sides and things to go with it. Or you could just do a bunch of finger food and a sandwich tray with all the fixings, etc.
  • Small finger foods are usually at the one's I've been to.  Avoid foods that a pregnant woman can't eat (soft cheeses, unpasteurized foods).
    Photobucket
  • Honestly, I don't think it matters too much what you have opr what you do, as long as the food tastes good lol.

A lot of people are starting to admit that they really aren't into games, but if the mother to be wants some, go for it. You can play simple games like Guess how many jelly beans are in the baby bottle or something like that.
  • I helped host a baby shower a few years back.  It was a sunday afternoon and these are the kind of foods we had (I dont remember exactly): pasta salad, tossed salad, fruit salad, muffins, brownies, cheesecake, cole slaw, potato salad.  we ate first then played games: 1. everyone started of with a clothspin and anytime you said the word cute someone took your cloths pin at the end whoever had collected the most clothspins won 2. melt different kinds of chocolate bars in diapers and have people guess what candy it is by looking at/smelling the "dirty" diapers.  then she opened presents.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • I went to a shower earlier this year where the game was match the celebrity baby to the couple.  It was pretty fun since the group was mainly younger women.

• Thanks for the advice!! She decided on a menu, but still unsure of the games. She wants to play a few games & I know she doesn't want to do the "dirty diaper" game. I like the celebrity baby match game.
    ~Dating:6/21/05 ~ Engaged:9/25/09 ~ Married:7/9/11~
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Anniversary
  • The celebrity baby game sounds good. I just helped plan a baby shower and we did the clothes pin thing only the person would give up their clothes pin if she said the word "baby". I didn't last at that game too long lol.

We also played baby bingo, where guests were given sheets of paper with different baby shower gifts written on them (everyone was given a different sheet of paper of course with different gifts listed in different order). When my friend opened her gifts, we would then cross the gift off the paper. And the first three women who got "bingo" won prizes.
    I wouldn't overdo it with the games though. A few are ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards