Chit Chat
Options

dance lessons?

We both aren't dancers ad we want to feel comfortable for our first dance. Should we take lessons? We live in south jersey... where should we go? Also, when should we start them???
Need advice... thanks!

Re: dance lessons?

• Options
    We are in the same boat - so we decided to take dancing lessons. Our goal is just to avoid embarrassing ourselves during our first dance. We live in a major city so I don't know if this would work for you but my FI posted something on Craigslist saying that we were looking for someone to give us lessons. He got a couple of junky replies but he also heard from at least 5 people who looked reputable - they sent resumes, references, etc. Our lesson it tomorrow!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    We took dance lessons. We're in north jersey and we took ours in NYC. We took 7 classes and started like 2 months before our wedding.
  • Options
    We took dance lessons through our university and DH still wasn't comfortable so we junior highed it which worked out great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options

Huskerfanz... what does it mean to high school it?

*marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    My arms on his shoulders, his arms at my waist just moving to the music like you would at a junior high dance (except closer Embarassed)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    How far in advance you start taking depends on whether you want a routine or not. If you don't want to put a lot of time or effort into it I would suggest asking for an american rumba. You can learn the "basic" step and a few moves like the 6-step turn in one lesson and still look good! It can make things very easy because the moves become muscle memory quickly and you can just focus on your new DH. Of course if you want a routine with lots of fancy moves then you will probably need to start 2-3 months in advance so you have enough time to take lessons and practice. My FI and I are competitve ballroom dancers and some of our favorite wedding dances were of couples doing a simple rumba - trust me, it's A LOT easier than waltz or foxtrot. Also if you can try to avoid any of the Fred Astaire or Arthur Murray studios, they tend to overcharge and often the instructors aren't very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards