Chit Chat
Options

Bridal Shower Ideas?

Hey Everyone. My cousin is getting married March 30th and we are throwing her a bridal shower on March 2. Her colors are royal blue and shamrock green. I was wondering if y'all know where I can get some good ideas for decorations. Even DIY will work. Please any Ifo will help thank you.

Re: Bridal Shower Ideas?

• Options
    Try Pinterest of Etsy.  Lots of ideas there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pinterest has some cute things. Keep in mind that the bridal shower doesn't have to match the wedding. Our wedding colors were mostly medium blues, but my shower was around Easter so the hosts used a lot of brighter colors. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't recommend using her wedding colors for her bridal shower.  Why not do something completely different?  Every time I go to a bridal shower it they tend to look like a mini replica of what the wedding reception would look like.  It kind of ruins the surprise for some of the guests come wedding day.

As for ideas.  Google, pinterest, etsy are all your friends.

• Options
    Thats what I was thinking too. But her mother wants to include her wedding colors. I thought about maybe doing something with the  green maybe like Saint Patericks Day. Since it is not too far away. And maybe use the royal blue as table cloths. I am still looking. Or just have some other theme idea. I could ask her what she would like as far as theme or colors but I dont want to spoil it for her.
  • Options
    My shower wasn't close to my wedding colors or "theme". The wedding is jewel tones, and my sisters used a tea party theme for the shower. Lots of flowers and pastels. IT was really nicely done. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the pp posts. Try a different theme/color scheme. I'm throwing a Bridal Shower and the wedding colors are yellow and gray. However, the shower is based on what the Bride loves so me and the other BM's are throwing a Breakfast at Tiffanys/Starbucks themed shower with lots of glittery accents! Since the shower is all about the Bride you should really use a color or theme that she loves. I think she would appreciate it more than seeing the same colors she's using at her wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridal-shower-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:5fe02c6e-da46-4891-a73b-e08528e1a76dPost:99c47447-645d-4337-b909-77dfe2335090">Re: Bridal Shower Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the pp posts. Try a different theme/color scheme. I'm throwing a Bridal Shower and the wedding colors are yellow and gray. However, the shower is based on what the Bride loves so me and the other BM's are throwing a Breakfast at Tiffanys/Starbucks themed shower with lots of glittery accents! Since the shower is all about the Bride you should really use a color or theme that she loves. I think she would appreciate it more than seeing the same colors she's using at her wedding.
    Posted by aardvark2009[/QUOTE]

I just sent her asking her what she wants. As in theme and colors. And I guess if she wants her colors like her mom I will try to do it very different form her wedding reception. I will also be helping decorate for her wedding. I already have an idea how to set up things for her reception. She is making some awesome center pieces for her wedding reception.So I will see what she says. Thank you everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards