Chit Chat
Options

Alternative music to walk down the isle to??

Hello All!  I have been thinking about how I would like my church ceremony to be not so traditional.  Any ideas of songs that either my wedding party and / or myself can walk down the isle too?  I am not a fan of the usual..."here comes the bride".  I am looking for something more entertaining, fun, loving...suggestions???

Re: Alternative music to walk down the isle to??

• Options
    I agree check with your church, ours had a list of what we could use.
  • Options
    I am at a non traditional church and so far they have not given us any rules yet but I will definately find out thanks!
  • Options
    I am walking down the aisle to the piano version of "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift!
  • Options
    My BMs walked to an instrumental version of "No One" by Alicia Keys.  My H was deadset on me walking to the bridal chorus, and I absolutely didn't want to.  I ended up getting a tip on a good version on TK.  It's a piano version by Jonathan Cain and it was beautiful.  It was a good compromise for us because you could tell what it was, but it wasn't as dramatic as the other versions.  
  • Options
    I am walking down the isle to the song "God Gave me You" by Blake Shelton.  I am getting married in the church I grew up in and also didn't want traditional music but when this song came out my fi said it was exactly how he felt about me. I can't think of a more perfect song to walk down the isle too.
  • Options

Sorry I was never much of a speller.  Keep the ideas flowing :)  My future husband keeps stating that he doesn't want the wedding to be a "freak show" but I don't think any bride wants a freak show.  I just am not all about the "norms".  I have been to a lot of weddings and know what I like and don't like.  Is that so wrong!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_alternative-music-to-walk-down-the-isle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:600ce1ef-b510-48de-a903-c68f2c01d0e9Post:c4310ecd-be73-44d3-aaff-c7f08778bc6b">Re: Alternative music to walk down the aisle to??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I was never much of a speller.  Keep the ideas flowing :)  My future husband keeps stating that he doesn't want the wedding to be a "freak show" but I don't think any bride wants a freak show.  I just am not all about the "norms".  I have been to a lot of weddings and know what I like and don't like.  Is that so wrong!
    Posted by drdevoe[/QUOTE]
    Check out Vitamin String Quartet - they do string versions of popular/current songs.  This might be a great compromise for you & your husband.

BP walked down to their version of All You Need is Love by the Beatles
    Dad & I walked to their version of All I Want is You by U2.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I am walking down to My Girl - Temptations
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • Options
    I'm walking to a less country version of Bless the Broken Road.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, this is what we used:

Mothers, Grandmothers, DH and his Aunt (she married us) walked in to "Everything I do, I do for you" redone by Vitamin String Quartet

Bridesmaids walked in to "Guardian Angel" redone by Vitamin String Quartet

I walked in to "Dare you to move" redone by Vitamin String Quartet.

None of the songs were played to their full length because we didn't have far to walk. They were just faded out and then faded in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm walking down the aisle to Foo Fighters - Everlong in the acoustic version. Very nontraditional, but I love it.
  • Options
    LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I haven't decided on the exact song yet but I'm definitely having a harpist... So different to "everyday" music, romantic, and a lot easier on the ears than an organ, in my opinion.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options

Vitamin String Quartet is awesome!

I loved "Pachelbel Meets U2," by Paul Schwartz, but FI was not crazy for it, so I didn't get to use it... oh well :) But it is a really beautiful song, sort of traditional with a fun twist. And very, very beautiful. Did I mention it is beautiful?

Not sure if that is your style, but check it out!

• Options
    I am hoping our priest let's me walk down to "you and me" by Lifehouse.... Also really like vitamin string's version of "don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith.
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_alternative-music-to-walk-down-the-isle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:600ce1ef-b510-48de-a903-c68f2c01d0e9Post:2ded384a-c5c5-4c00-a813-19c3998e63cb">Re: Alternative music to walk down the isle to??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vitamin String Quartet is awesome! I loved "Pachelbel Meets U2," by Paul Schwartz, but FI was not crazy for it, so I didn't get to use it... oh well :) But it is a really beautiful song, sort of traditional with a fun twist. And very, very beautiful. Did I mention it is beautiful? Not sure if that is your style, but check it out!
    Posted by CaitlinLoiko[/QUOTE]

Just Listened to it and I love it!!!!! thanks!  If only I can find someone live to play it though :)
  • Options
    I haven't told my FI yet, but I'm considering asking her (yes, I'm the FH here) I'm considering having possibly me and the WP walk to a "Rainbow Connection" instrumental.  I'm online at work and can't post the Youtube link I found of it, but I like it because it's not too slow and it's an awesome song people may not recognize right away.  We're not sure what we're doing for music for our outdoor ceremony yet (our DJ charges extra, or getting someone to play guitar) so we'll see how it goes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards