Chit Chat

Brother's Girlfriend

So I just got an email from my brothers girlfriend saying that she has a bridal shower the day of my wedding and she wants to know what time my brother has to be there because she is going to be late to my wedding,( they only have one car right now.) is it wrong of my to be mad? she didn't came to my bridal shower or my bachlorette party......I am felling like she  either hates me or is just a bi*ch.......any thoughts on how to handle this? I am kinda stuck b/c if anyone says anything out of line to my brother he gets mad and stops talking to them.....less than 3 three weeks to go..

Re: Brother's Girlfriend

• No i would be mad as h e double hockey sticks...THIS IS YOUR BROTHER we are talking about. Maybe you're brother should stay with your parents for the night and not with her so she can have the car and he can be prepared for your wedding..

is he in the wedding? if so, that would be the way to go. If not, well i dont know what to say but he is your brother and I am positive you want him to be there.

wow, this kinda sounds like my FSIL, we changed the date of our wedding bc at that point she was in my wedding and her BF couldn't make it on the date we had picked...now well needless to say I don't think she will be at our wedding!
  • kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    Wow, that takes balls.  I would see if your brother can talk to her about getting someone from her family to drive her to her shower, so he can be on time.  As important as the shower may be, an actual wedding trumps it.

I'd be interested to know who scheduled her shower on the same day as your wedding??
  • Wow.  She has some nerve!!  I'd be really mad!!  If he is in your wedding, he should be there from start to finish.  She should not have the car for a bridal shower... especially if she is coming to your wedding!  There is no reason to miss a wedding for a BRIDAL SHOWER!!
  • YOU guys mad me feel alot better. I thought fora second that I was just being some sort of bridezilla...my brother is an usher....we aren't having many groomsmen or bridesmaids. He would really need to be there for pictures before the wedding i think, I am wiating to hear from my photographer what time everyone should be there and what  pictutres can be taken before the wedding...I wrote her back and told her this aglong with the fact that I am sure I know someone who can bring him to the church.,,,,she said she was trying to aviod that........WTF
  • I would call the brother directly and say "Hey, I heard from girlfriend and she mentioned you guys may have a conflict for the wedding.  I need you there at X o'clock.  Would you like me to try to see if [insert random family member] can pick you up or would you rather stay with us the night before?"
  • Since it is about getting your brother there - like others have said - go directly to your brother. Call him and make the arrangements or see if you parents will call him and suggest he either stay with them or they pick him up. 
  • I think that if your brother is going along with her than he is just a big a jerk as she is.  Tell him (directly, not her) what time he needs to be there and let them work out the transporation issues.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_brothers-girlfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:701ba271-bec5-4863-8360-54e6898c7dc4Post:42d8919e-fec0-4980-a2fa-77ed637361b5">Re: Brother's Girlfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would call the brother directly and say "Hey, I heard from girlfriend and she mentioned you guys may have a conflict for the wedding.  I need you there at X o'clock.  Would you like me to try to see if [insert random family member] can pick you up or would you rather stay with us the night before?"
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

This.  And it's not a good idea to use your full name as your user name.  Makes it too easy for bored knotties to internet stalk you. :)

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I'm confused... maybe I interpreted this wrong (possible!) but I this is how I read it: Girlfriend wants to go the another friend's bridal shower the day of your wedding but would like to know if boyfriend (your brother) needs the car at the same time she is at the shower. 

I didn't read anything about boyfriend (your brother) going to said shower or missing your wedding...?

If she really wants to go the shower and be late to the wedding, I guess that's her choice.  I'd be a bit peeved depending on how close the two of us are or how serious their relationship is.  But, mostly I'd call and offer your brother an alternate way to get to your wedding and be done with it.  There's too many other things to worry about.
  • Wow.  Just wow.  This chick's got some paolini.  Is her relationship with your brother serious?  If so she defnitely should have been at your shower and should have been really excited that you thought to include her in the bachelorette party.  If she wants to choose something else over you again, let her.  Just make sure your brother knows that her lack of interest in your big day really hurt your feelings and you won't be any nicer to her than you have to be for the remainder of their relationship.  That's what I'd do anyway, but then again, I'm a serious grudge-holder so I might be off base.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards