Chit Chat

Food Blogs

Anybody read any good food or cooking blogs.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Food Blogs

• Depends on what you're looking for.

For healthy, I like skinnytaste.com.  For not healthy, but delicious, I like eatliverun.com

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Thanks. I had heard of skinnytaste here, so I just started checking it out. I'm looking for a mix of it all. I probably need to stick to healthy, but, I'm interested in splurge meals too. Oh, and baking. I like baking and cooking but, FI and I have drastically different tastes and diet ideas, so I haven't done much of it in the last year or two. I'm looking to turn over a new leaf.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, for baking you'll definitely like eatliverun. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • If you want total indulgence, I love www.bakerella.com
  • Thanks guys. I'm enjoying both already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love food blogs. Here are a few of my favorites.
    101cookbooks.com-vegetarian and healthy cooking, with some baking. Not preachy, and lots of easy and delicious recipes.
    homesicktexan.com Texan food from Tex-Mex to southern soul.
    smittenkitchen.com General. A serious favorite.
    lottieanddoof.com General also.
    http://orangette.blogspot.com/ Also general.
    http://joythebaker.com/ Mostly baking, like the name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love allrecipe.com I'm going to have to check out skinnytaste.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks y'all! Those should give me some reading material for awhile. I can't wait to get experimenting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually get a lot of recipes from CookingLight.com (the search function is great, so I can find healthy recipes for specific meals I know I want to cook but don't necessarily have a recipe for).  But, my favorite recipe source continues to be skinnytaste--and I hear she's coming out with a cookbook soon!  I already told FI I wanted it for Christmas :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards