Chit Chat

Bridal Shower

I am planning a bridal shower and need some advice.  I am not sure how many gift I should have for the guests.  They all will recieve a favor, but is there a guest to gift ratio?

Thank you for your help

Re: Bridal Shower

• are you doing games? most shower i have been to have prizes for the game winners and thats all. i would say plan like 4 or 5 games and have prizes for the winners, add 1 to the count tho in case of a tie game. if there isnt a tie then make up a reason to give a gift, like the worst game player, the earliest to arrive, the one who helped the most, the one wearing the most lace or white (weddingish).

if you arent doing games, i would do 1 favor for each guest and leave it at that.

10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • agreed, only give prizes for games and favors. 
  • Every shower I've been to, there are prizes for the games but they actually go to the bride and not the real game winner.  Someone wins, is given the gift but they present it to the bride. 

Maybe this is just something done in our area?   I remember the first shower I went to with my mom, I was probably 8 or 9. I won the first gift and I was SO excited - a present!!!  I accepted it from the hostess, sat down in my chair and was wondering whether I should open it right then or what and then I realized everyone was staring at me expectantly... I don't know how my 8 year-old air-headedness figured this out but I got up and handed it to the bride. I think people (or at least my mom) actually sighed in relief.....  and since then, every shower I've gone to the game prizes were actually gifts to the bride.

But as I said, maybe that is just done in our area?
  • I've never heard of this either.  At showers in our circle, the "prizes" are usually small:  a tea towel, a candle, a picture frame.  I can't imagine being expected to give it back to the bride. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • thanks...thats helps some.  Yes, my mom and sisters are planning my shower so i dont know much they are keeping the big stuff a secret.  But they wanted some insight on how many prizes they should give if they have a few games.

So a prize for the winner of each game?
  • yes a prize for the winner of each game, +1

and that custom is lost on me, giving the prize to the bride, whats the point?

its also custom for the bride (or mom to be at a babyshower) to give a gift the the hostess of the party.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • I've been to showers both ways where you give the bride the gift and showers where you keep it. I think giving it back to the bride is alittle silly. She probably already knows what it is and i doubt she wants more junk to crowd up her house which is probably crowded with wedding stuff anyway. What i am doing for my shower is ordering customs pens to play the games with and the guest will keep those and the people who win the games (3 or 4 games) they are getting a yankee candle or a nice picture frame.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards