Chit Chat
Options

Bridesmaid Mess... Please Help!!!!!

Ok so I have kind of a messy situation and I don't know what to do.  I have an old friend whom I have been close to for years. We considered ourselves best friends for a while but when I got pregnant and was left by my soon to be daughter's father she really wasn 't there for me.  I had to move cross country pregnant but went back home for my baby shower which she flaked and didn't come to even though she hadn't seen me in months and I then lived over 3000 miles away.  Now I have met another man and am getting married.  This friend who is now trying to get close to me again keeps asking about my wedding party hinting that she wants to be in it.  I planned on inviting her to the wedding but the wedding party is already kind of big, my fiance doesn't have anymore guys for his side, and lets face it I'm afriad she will flake AGAIN and I kind of feel like she doesn't deserve it.  I do care about her though, value her as a friend and a person and don't know how to tell her, especially since I am having 4 bridesmaids and 2 of them I haven't known as long as her but were really supportive during what was the hardest time in my life when she wasn't.

any ideas on how to handle the situation without ruining our friendship or ripping her heart out.... she is now pregnant and really emotional so I feel even worse about hurting her feelings.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Mess... Please Help!!!!!

• Options
    It is perfectly reasonable not to ask her, but don't explain unless she asks.  If she does, be honest, its how friendship works.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridesmaid-mess-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8ae4d0ce-499b-4c80-8fcd-c0e572120e24Post:9a915515-c025-4086-9cf2-dff168f70816">Bridesmaid Mess... Please Help!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>my fiance doesn't have anymore guys for his side</strong>
    Posted by ssmith172[/QUOTE]

What does that mean?

You don't have to have anyone in your wedding party you don't want, especially someone who could potentially flake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards