New Hampshire
Options

Alternatives for "Glass Clinking" for a kiss

So I would really prefer people not clink their glasses to try to get us to kiss, but I am having trouble coming up with an alternative.  At my sisters wedding they said that if people wanted them to kiss, the table had to stand up and sing a song that has the word "Love" in it.  It was a very cute idea and I think people really liked it---BUT--I don't want to do the same exact thing.  The guests are going to be the same guests so it would just feel too repetative.  Any other ideas??

Re: Alternatives for "Glass Clinking" for a kiss

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Got this from an article on line.  I like the animal noises and fish bowl of kisses (you could keep it on your table so you would know when you needed to kiss)Putt for a kiss- Set up a putting green, and have guests try for a "hole in one"Bowl for a Kiss-Same idea as the one above, except you have guests bowl for a "strike"Bowl for a Kiss- (using WII, have the DJ put the game on a big screen with an LCD projector, so all of the guests can play along and have fun too!)Shoot For A Kiss- (Using suction cup, Bow & Arrow)Sing a song with love in it- The DJ can stroll from table to table, and guests can sing their favorite song with the word love in itShare your favorite memory or story about the bride and groom- This one is just like the one above, except you are sharing a story, as an added bonus, (**Have the DJ/Entertainer record them for memories later)Have guests make their favorite duck or animal callsTake donations for Charity- (At one couples wedding, they took in over $400 in 20 minutes)Have your guests demonstrate a kiss-then the bride and groom will kissRoll the dice- if it lands on the bride and groom's picture, then kissHave guests spin The Wedding Wheel- (use a wheel, like wheel of fortune, each wedge on the wheel has a different task)Answer a multiple choice trivia question about the bride and groomHave your table write a poem about the bride and groom or loveFish Bowl of kisses- If guests pull a gold one, the bride and groom kiss, if they pull a silver one, then the guests kiss
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some more: Random Words - Have a bowl at the head table with slips of paper and random words in it like love, marriage, hope, and dreams. When someone wants you to kiss they have to pick one of the slips from the bowl and then either sing a song with that word in it or make up a poem with that word. Years Ago - Assign a year to each table like 1950, 1960 and so on. Then when anyone at that table wants you to kiss they have to sing part of a song from that year. Of course there would be an appropriate cheat or hint sheet on each table to help them pick out a song. Gotta Dance - When a table wants you to kiss they have to get up and dance for a minute. Tongue Twisters - Place a number of tongue twisters in a bowl at the head table. When someone wants you to kiss they have to pick a random twister from the bowl and repeat it three times fast. If the are successful then the couple has to kiss. This can make for some hilarious moments. It can also be combined with a number of other activities listed here like random words, tell us about, and trivia. Just have them all on slips of paper in the bowl. Top Five - Each table must create a top five list about the bride and groom and read it on the microphone in order to get the bride and groom to kiss. Deflection Write all the names of all the couples attending on slips of paper. Then, either put them in a bowl at the head table, or put them in balloons located at each individual table. When the guests clink, either a balloon is popped, or a slip of paper drawn from the head table (depending on the version you have chosen) the couple named on the slip of paper must kiss. Sing a Song of the Bride or Groom guest sings a song that contains either the name of the bride or groom in its lyrics
  • Options
    ddumireddumire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would little chimes or bells on the tables be ok with you?  I'm just hoping the tradition dies eventually, but I personally don't want any games or anything.  The last few weddings I've been at, there wasn't any clinking or at least very little clinking.
  • Options
    matchbox920matchbox920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kissing Couples!!!!Every time people clink their glasses, have the DJ read names (off of a list you prepare) of couples at your wedding. When their names are read aloud, they have to stand up and kiss!!!! (It can be done a bunch of times throughout the night, however you decide to set it up.) After DJ reads names, then you and DH get to kiss!It generally dissuades people from clinking :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the love song an dit was a riot, I hate the sound of clinking glasses. One thing I told my DJ that we had to make sure didn't happen. To me it was like nails on a chalk board.
  • Options
    twirlzeetwirlzee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I hate this part of weddings, so we decided we wouldn't be trained monkeys who kiss on command. But we also decided that if guests really wanted to see us kiss they could pay for it, starting at 20 bucks (the more you pay the longer the kiss!). We aren't sure just yet what we will do with the money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't want to be "trained monkeys" or kiss on command but you'll ask your guests to pay for you to kiss? NFTWe were not stoked on the whole clinking factor either but honestly we were not sitting at our table long enough for people to clink. We were up and about visiting with our guests and dancing. You might luck out. Honestly, I think coming up with an alternative might make it even more of an issue/focus for the evening. If it is just the clinking that bothers you I would def consider one of the ideas from PP.GL!
  • Options
    maggiecroteaumaggiecroteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its definitely the clinking that bothers me--I like kissing FH, so its not the kissing that bothers me. :) Just one of those stupid traditions that people in my family take great pleasure in.  Thanks for the ideas! Not sure what we'll do, but those suggestions are really helpful! M
  • Options
    rach4trrach4tr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my family, we have bells that go on each table that are all different. Instead of clinking the glasses we ring the bells. After you get married, you buy a new bell for the collection and pass it on to the next bride in the family! Creates a neat family/wedding tradition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards