Chit Chat
Options

Just SO ready!

Hey ladies.

I'm in a chatty mood tonight and had a full day of wedding shopping. Thought I'd come by and blab on here since I can freely do that :P

I'm really just curious to see if anyone has had a low key, low budget DIY wedding like I am planning?

We're catering ourselves, I bought our invites for $10 a box at Hobby Lobby and added my own touches, etc...

I am OUT of wedding projects! I had cancer / was on chemotherapy for 18 months so I spent my entire recovery period occupying myself with DIY projects. Looking forward to my wedding was the ONLY thing that got me through this past year. 

We're also getting ready to move into our new place. It's not a house... it's a duplex that my parents own and we get to live in for $200 a month. But it's ours. Fully renovated in every single cosmetic aspect. Huge windows, beautiful wood features.

I'm ready to do this! To get married, move, have a baby and be HEALTHY!

Sorry for all of the rambles, I'm just so dang excited. Laughing
110 invited image
45 are gonna party with us! image
2 are big jerks!image
63 are stressing me out!image

RSVP Deadline: February 19
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just SO ready!

• Options
    Aww that sounds so exciting and that is so amazing that your are doing great!! Your story is so cute!! I still have a few years untill my wedding because we want to graduate college first but i am already planning things i want haha!! I am really new to this site so im not sure how this stuff really works lol but i read your post and had to comment lol
  • Options
    We're planning a low budget DYI wedding for this spring and Im all kinds of excited for it also! It feels like I cant think of anything but wedding planning...Im completely obsessed! I live in a VERY small apartment and dont have a lot of room to do my DYI projects...or to store them for the next 5 months once they're done so Im very anxious to be able to get started. I bet you come up with more projects to keep you busy especially with the new house! Good luck with everything! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww. It's so refreshing to hear a nice, positive attitude, and especially after all you've been through. I hope your planning continues on such a stress free path!

We are planning a pretty laidback affair, but not really much DIY besides STD's and favors. Maybe the invites, we will see.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!  :  )  Are you SURE there are no other DIY projects to do?  I've never heard of a bride running out of things to do, ha ha.  Have fun planning!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_just-ready?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:9fc72269-9e04-43ff-b0da-5bdfbbf1dd68Post:e866f6f7-81ea-4e71-bf72-25f572087522">Re: Just SO ready!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!  :  )  <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Are you SURE there are no other DIY projects to do?</strong></font>  I've never heard of a bride running out of things to do, ha ha.  Have fun planning!
    Posted by deepcovejackie[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ha ha ha (Aren't brides always working until the last minute?) ... you've done a great job.  Congrats on working through your treatments.  Enjoy! 

Here's to your good health!  *clink*
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats on beating cancer.  Sounds like you are having quite the year!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_just-ready?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:9fc72269-9e04-43ff-b0da-5bdfbbf1dd68Post:0cb6286a-a9a9-429d-b2e0-c44c56446849">Just SO ready!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ready to do this! To get married, move, have a baby and be HEALTHY! Posted by lovely&bones[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you!

Congratulations on your accomplishments and beating cancer! 2011 can only get better for you!
  • Options
    I got teary-eyed reading the replies to this!

I bought a flower for my hair last night, paid $100 for it but I really think I want to make a cheaper version of these for my MOH and the flower girls. If I do decide to do them, I will post some pictures.

Thanks again, ladies!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!! xoxoxoxoxo
    110 invited image
    45 are gonna party with us! image
    2 are big jerks!image
    63 are stressing me out!image

RSVP Deadline: February 19
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SEE?!?!  More DIY!!  Yes, post photos.
  • Options
    I have nothing meaningful to add about DIY projects but wanted to say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and beating cancer! May the year ahead be full of blessings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards