Chit Chat
Options

Wedding theme help?

I am getting married in september, and the theme is Beauty and the Beast, however, the colors are yellow and gray. My flowers are yellow and gray with a single red rose in the middle. My bridesmaids will be wearing a yellow dress and the groomsmen a darker gray suit than my fiance. 
The sign in table with the guest book will have the seating cards and a red rose inside the glass vase like in the movie.
Any tips/ideas? 
Will the yellow and gray and red go good with each other? 

Re: Wedding theme help?

• Options
    It sounds like you have a good handle on everything.  I think that themes generally work better when they incorporate small touches like colors, or in your case the single red rose in a vase.

Just out of curiosity though -- what does your fiance think of this theme?  Doesn't he become the "beast" in this scenario?  That seems a teensy bit offensive (or could be interpreted that way, at least).
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    When my brother got married us bridesmaids walked down the aisle to the instrumental Beauty and the Beast song. Everyone liked it.
  • Options
    Yellow, gray and red is a great triple color combo.  Don't overthink it though.  Choose one as an accent so that it doesn't feel like a kids' birthday party.  Best of luck!
  • Options
    I am not going to be very helpful here, but I wanted to say I love your theme!

There are great possibilities there!

And I hope no one is offended by the theme.  A little sense of humor and some childhood memories attached to the movie should make it a bit hit!  
  • Options
    I went to a wedding that had stacks of books as centerpieces. You could do that as a tribute to Belle's love of books and the library scene. Maybe throw in some cool candlabras? 

But I also agree with PP who said don't let it get too far into the theme that it seems more like a child's party and less like a wedding. Keep it elegant. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-theme-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a89e79f3-dd98-4856-ae52-7bbc7256f705Post:266d4027-8391-4c2a-bb26-6b76db2cfc31">Re: Wedding theme help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like you have a good handle on everything.  I think that themes generally work better when they incorporate small touches like colors, or in your case the single red rose in a vase. <strong>Just out of curiosity though -- what does your fiance think of this theme?  Doesn't he become the "beast" in this scenario?  That seems a teensy bit offensive (or could be interpreted that way, at least).</strong>
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought, as well, and would be what I was thinking as a guest. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I think you have done more than enough to capture the "theme" without going overboard.  I honestly wouldn't do anymore - Disney themes can end up getting really childish if they're too over-the-top.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I think what you have now is fine. Less is best! :)
  • Options
    You are a "beauty" and your husband is a "beast?"  I'm going to need photographic evidence before I give advice on this theme.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards