Chit Chat

XP Ugh! Crazy wedding guest RSVP'ing for extra people! Long Rant!

So,  very long story slightly shortened, one of my guests, ( let's call her....Blanche) sent back her RSVP and I received it today. She is a friend from high school, sort of a fifth wheel to our friend gang. She is a very sweet girl, but sort of naive on the adult world. We're 21, and the other girls in our group,, including me, have either moved on or entirely skipped the party lifestyle, and she's very much in the middle of it. She goes to college, but takes minumum hours and her mom pays her rent because she doesn't have a job. I invited this girl out of courtesy since she was my friend in high school. Since then, Blanche has been more distant with our circle and moved into one that's more party oriented. 
So...the point is, I get Blanche's RSVP today (which was only addressed to her) and it has a plus 1 on it. I'm not too mad about that because I made room in our guest lists to bring a date and I was planning on sending out a FB note saying it was alright to bring someone special. I sent her a text asking who her extra was, and she says its either Rose or Dorothy.  Apparently she hasn't decided who she needs to bring along to endure my wedding with her. I was expecting that Blanche would bring this boy she has been hooking up with, if anyone. Dorothy and Rose also went to high school with us, and as far as I knew, neither of them really liked me, so why would they have the desire to come to my wedding? Free booze? There won't be any. 
My great big dilemma is how do I ask Blanche nicely how to not bring either of them?  I was going to send her a text saying something like, " Generally a plus one is a date, and I would have preferred you asked me first. As far as I recall, neither Dorothy or Rose liked me much in high school or now, so why would they want to come to my wedding?"
Blanche isn't familiar with wedding expenses, and I'm not sure if I should mention that its costing my FI and I aobut 20 bucks a head for our wedding food. What do I do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards