Chit Chat

Stupid weather

so the big day is finally on Saturday...looked at the 5 day forecast...all week it is going to be in the 70s/80s with only a small chance of rain...then on saturday it is 50% chance of rain and 68 degrees.  :(  luckily we did plan for this but still it sucks...i want sunshine.

Re: Stupid weather

• Sending sunshine and rainbows your way for this Saturday!  Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks :) , while paying off the reception today, looked at alternative spots for pictures...just in case.  We have a shelter and chairs rented at our ceremony location just in case.

• Ours was the same way.  Beautiful average weather all week (low 80s), then the day of my wedding was forecasted rain and a high of 60 degrees.  The night before, we had a large duststorm blow through and some thunderstorms that night.  It was sprinkling and cloudy up until about 11 am on our wedding day and then the skies cleared for a beautiful afternoon.  It was still only 63 degrees which was way below average for that time of year, but it actually wasn't that bad.

It would have been slightly disappointing to have rain (although I have seen some truly amazing pictures done in the rain), but remember that you will still be married, and will still have an awesome time celebrating with your friends and family!  Hope you have a beautiful wedding day!
    Anniversary
  • We understand that and our whole day wont be ruined...but it still sucks.  Rosary beads are going outside to prevent rain juju.
  • Just remember you can get some BEAUTIFUL cloudy/rainy day pictures!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_stupid-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2cd6186-2220-4f75-8383-418a9cca914fPost:b5c91a1d-0e9a-4a76-8c25-ae81c6c66166">Re: Stupid weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just remember you can get some BEAUTIFUL cloudy/rainy day pictures!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>THAT is a gorgeous pic!</div>
  • It might not rain... but I hope it doesn't.  And if it does, I hope your day is perfection just the same.

My fears about rain has caused me to change my outdoor ceremony to a church ceremony...we'll see how that goes.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Try not to stress too much about it. Back when DH and I got married, we had snow every freaking weekend leading up to ours (NC rarely gets a good amount of snow). They were calling for snow on our day, but it cleared up and we had a gorgeous 70 degree day in Feb. Two days later. . another snow storm :)

Weather changes all the time. So long as you're prepared (which it looks like you are), it'll all work out! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am marrying a meteorologist and let me tell you, they are wrong most of the time :)  50% chance of rain, mean rain in the area...not at your exact pinpoint location.  and this far out they are guessing.  Heck here in MN, they get the forecast wrong 12 hours out.   Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP we share the same wedding date!!! This is my last day of work before the big day because  lets face it A.) my mind in everywhere but work and B.) We are doing all the decorating ourselves.  Good Luck on your special day!!!
    Junebride12
  • Thanks.  I took this whole week off, which is a good thing, and dealing with a crazy MOB who got me into tears last night.  She demanded we have dinner this week at my stepbrothers with them, so we had made it for tonight.  Then FI and his brother had to go get their tuxes and so we had to cancel, she flipped out on me.  Then today we went to visit my great aunt and we talked and she accused FI of being controlling because she keeps calling/texting me multiple times a day and I text her we are busy, so she thinks FI is trying to keep me from her.  We used to text/call multiple times a day but I am getting married on Saturday and starting a new family.  She even threatened to say something when the JOP asks if anyone objects.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_stupid-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2cd6186-2220-4f75-8383-418a9cca914fPost:2c4df607-c5c2-4d78-a6d2-08c4a769cc61">Re: Stupid weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP we share the same wedding date!!! This is my last day of work before the big day because  lets face it A.) my mind in everywhere but work and B.) We are doing all the decorating ourselves.  Good Luck on your special day!!!
    Posted by mhogberg[/QUOTE]

Thanks and you too!
  • edited May 2012
    I hear you on the sucky weather. The week leading up to ours last July was in the 100s every day. On our wedding day it rained in the morning, then the sun came out and it was STEAMY and humid (like upper 90s with a head index over 100). Wedding was indoors but pics were outside. I would rather have cooler temps!

The weather can change in an instant so I wouldn't get upset yet. And even if it rains, as long as it isn't downright pouring, there are some really cute wedding pics I've seen using umbrellas.

ETA: Often cloudy weather elicits better pics, according to my photog. In the sun, people are often squinting (I noticed this in some of ours), which isn't the case when it's gray out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • It's pouring here in the Columbus, Ohio area which probalby means you'll have it tomorrow. We've had blazing heat and no rain since early May.  Why the rain now?  Seriously it's because of the Memorial Golf Tournament going on. No matter which week they have it, it will rain and it's pouring.   We needed it but it sucks for the golfers and fans here in beautiful Dublin, Ohio.
  • I checked the weather this morning and it is now 80% chance of rain. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards