Chit Chat
Options

Couponing

Who does it?

I've got my binder all re-organized and really want to get better about doing this.
I follow couponmom, redplum, smartsource, and a couple others.

I'm googling away right now, but some sites have me questioning the reliablilty of them.

What do you use? How well do you do? Any tricks / tips you'd like to share?

Ideally we'd like to try and cut our grocery bill in half (we spend around 100-150 a month) and we've been doing a lot better. Every little bit helps right?  :o)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Couponing

• Options
    I just started recently, but I really enjoy doing it.  It has become like a game to see how much I can save.  We went grocery shopping earlier today and our bill went from $235 to $140, which was like 41% I think.  

We get the Sunday paper for the ads, and that's mostly what I use.  I also go on CommonSenseWithMoney.com to find out the best deals for places, and they will tell you where to use your coupons at for the best savings.  

We do almost all of our grocery shopping at Safeway, and on their website they list a ton of coupons that you can add right onto your store card for extra savings.  They say you aren't supposed to be able to stack those coupons with paper ones, but they always let you anyways.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I follow moneysavingmom.com and subsrcibe to Sunday Coupon Preview (google it) so I don't have to buy the paper. We don't buy a lot of processed foods, though, so most coupons I can't use. Moneysavingmom posts electronic coupons for organic and natural foods once a week and I use those most often.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I get 4-8 papers a week depending on how much shopping is needed. Just my house 2 papers, 2 houses 4, all 4 houses (family) 8 papers. This way we have enough coupons for bogo. I only shop on sale I aim to save 75% or more. I use coupons.com, target coupons, and hip2save website for more stuff.

I make sure to check all my freebies at walmart (The ones that write in the price) because for example I had free suave styling product up to 3.00, winn dixie had it 3.79, walmart had it 2.94, walmart was free, winn dixie not.

I get lots of free items, we have a stash which is great because just this week my grandmother said my aunt and a nurse friend stopped by looking for toothpaste. The other week I got 26 huge bottles of body wash for free or .79ea

I never clear a shelf I find it to be rude. I mean if there is  2 left..OK..but I would go to multiple stores and buy if I am buying a LOT. My grandmother keeps all my best receipts to show off, some of her friends have paid me $20 to meet them at the store and show them how I do it.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards