Chit Chat
Options

Not quite what I imagined..

Maybe I was just hoping for more, but this engagement thing hasn't been very exciting for me. We had a secret engagement for over a year and a half before we told anyone, and when we finally told everyone, there was very little excitement. FH doesn't want to help plan (he wants me to have what I want, but what I want is to do it with him) and my parents seem apathetic. 

I assume that by the time the wedding comes everything will be better but for now it just feels like no one really cares. 

Re: Not quite what I imagined..

• Options
    Yes, I was going to add to this that if I was throwing my own engagement party, I would clearly request that no one brings any gifts, as there is obviosly a lot of back and forth on some people thinking you should bring one, and some people thinking that you shouldn't. Since everyone seems to be on different pages on this one, just state "please, no gifts" or soemthing along those lines, and be done with it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_not-quite-imagined?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c6905b1b-4edb-4ca5-8b8d-0643a4a7123cPost:0bac39c1-5a5c-44fe-89d4-c31609af05be">Re: Not quite what I imagined..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I was going to add to this that if I was throwing my own engagement party, I would clearly request that no one brings any gifts, as there is obviosly a lot of back and forth on some people thinking you should bring one, and some people thinking that you shouldn't. Since everyone seems to be on different pages on this one, <strong>just state "please, no gifts" or soemthing along those lines, and be done with it!</strong>
    Posted by TheGaffer[/QUOTE]

<div>That's even ruder than not bringing it up at all.</div><div>
    </div><div>The reason you don't throw you own engagement party is not related to gifts.  You don't throw you own because you don't throw a party in your own honor.  Gifts are irrelevant.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards