Chit Chat
Options

Best Man and Maid of Honor gifts

My FI and I came up with the idea to give the BM and MOH personalized plates with their names on it and BM or MOH and the date on it.  Thing is I have yet to be able to find a place to do it at.  Any ideas?

Re: Best Man and Maid of Honor gifts

• Options

The BM and MOH are my FBIL and FSIL...for their wedding they gave my FI a flask that says Best Man...which is on display on his book shelf

• Options
    Agree with Retread.  Gifts like that have titles are not very useful...especially for men...and espeically a plate that wouldn't go with anything.  The one thing that might work is a personalized frame for your MOH.  This is what I did:

She has it in her bedroom with some other pictures.  (BTW this wasn't her only gift, I got her a couple other things).
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_man-maid-of-honor-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d0b9cabc-fe1d-4c06-8b9e-9bd23c2d03adPost:08f64bde-9927-4d0a-afde-a59a3c2d14ba">Re: Best Man and Maid of Honor gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The BM and MOH are my FBIL and FSIL...for their wedding they gave my FI a flask that says Best Man...which is on <strong>display</strong> on his book shelf
    Posted by amhill87[/QUOTE]

display....as in not being used.

Funny, the gift I got my MOH was a flask with her first name on it...she loved it.  Not sure how she would like it if it said "MOH".  DH received a beer mug that said "Groomsman" and wedding date to his bro's wedding...its in a box...outside...maybe...
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    FI is sentimental and saves everything.  He has gifts he has reached from christmas and birthdays that he has never opened and used. 
  • Options
    Yeah, honestly if I got a plate like that, I wouldn't know what to do with it. It's not a 'trophy' or anything, even if the gesture is in good heart and thought.

I like the picture idea. Maybe get a frame and something that you know your MOH LOVES, but isn't able to buy herself that often (for me, it would be some really nice lotions or jewelry. . I want them, but rarely spoil myself).

For the BM, maybe some really nice cufflinks (if he'd wear them)? That or spoil him again in a similar way that you would the bride.

Treat the gifts like you would during Christmas or birthday times. They don't need to be wedding related and it's probably better if they weren't. Just get them something you know they'll use and really appreciate :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am giving my bridesmaids pashminas in wedding colors that also happen to be colors they enjoy. Groomsmen are getting monogrammed pocket knives. Useful and personal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. That being said, if you're really set on this idea, try zazzle.com. They have a whole assortment of random things to be personalized.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards