Chit Chat
Options

Wedding planner problems

So I hired a wedding planner back in January. She seemed awesome and experienced. I was upfront with her about my budget and my hopes for the wedding. As of today we still haven't planned anything, except she helped us find a photographer. I've met with her three times and we always end up chit chatting but nothing has yet to be planned. 

Last Friday we shot our engagement photos (finally!) and I let the planner know the previous Friday what our plans were. She said she would make an appointment with her hair stylist and make up artist so I could do a run through of wedding hair and also be made up for the photos. Thursday night at 8:30pm she texts me a says my appt. is at 9:30AM and it's in Tampa. Our photo session wasn't until 7PM! 10 hours later! We live in FL, so my make up would have been very much gone after 10 hours. So I was paniced. And I told her never mind I'll go to my regular hair chick but asked if she knew anyone who could do my make up. She wrote back and said so and so at the mac counter in macy's. I was pissed. Everything turned out ok and I think the pictures will look incredible but I have yet to hear a word from her since last Thursday. Not a "how'd it go?" or a "I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner." 
What should I do? Give her another chance? Or tell her how I really feel? Hurt and confussed, as to why I'm being treated like a 2nd class citizen. I hired her because I thought she could make my life easier and get more for my money but that hasn't happend yet. I'm totally torn. 

Re: Wedding planner problems

• Options
    You are the one paying her, so I would tell her how you feel. And if you are still having problems with her then I would find a new wedding planner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She has failed at her job.  I'd either start doing it yourself, or find a new planner.   Incompetence like that doesn't deserve a second chance in this line of work.  Good luck!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    Well I'm a bit reluctant to ditch her just yet. I've already given her a large deposit and she has all of the rentals I wanted and need. She also has ties to my DJ and photographer so I don't wanna burn bridges. Thanks for all the very nice advice! y'all rock! good luck with your wedding planning!
  • Options
    I got questions from your last post.

Is she a all inclusive package where you got her as a wedding planner because you signed a contract with a company that pretty much provides catering, flowers, venue, photographer, and wedding planner?

Or is she a private wedding planner where she's completely separate from everything else?

If she's private and you already signed contract with the photographer, venue, etc. then they cannot back out on you simply because you fire her. 

If she's part of the all inclusive package sort of stuff, then I don't know if there's anything you can do other than talk to her and then her manager if she doesn't change. 
  • Options
    srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    First, do you have a contract? Second, have you paid her for all of her services through the wedding, or is this a pay by meeting thing? If you have a contract, you probably need to sit down and discuss it with her, or look to see if she doesn't fufill XYZ in the contract, then it is void. I would attempt to talk with her, face to face, and if you can't get a response-- look at small claims-- if you have invest a large amount with her, and if you haven't invested a large amount and she doesn't answer, find someone else.
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Options
    I do have a contract.  However, it's not all inclusive, but I did give her a large deposit. Gosh! I can't wait to be done with this wedding! I just wanna be Mrs. Marks and be done. I, like many of y'all grew up dreaming of a big wedding and all the stuff that goes along and the only thing that lives up to childhood dreams is my wonderful fiance. I hope you guys have a smoother ride to the alter. smooches!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards