Attire & Accessories Forum

Baseball Wedding Band - Titanium Material

FI wants a baseball wedding band.

I think this one looks ok:

http://www.titanium-buzz.com/titanium-baseball-ring.html

He kinda likes this one better:
http://www.titanium-buzz.com/baseball-stitch-ring.html

I feel a little silly slipping the one with the red on it onto his finger... the other one is more subtle. Would you have a prob with the red lacing?

And are these cheap materials? I don't know about Titanium at all, but the price seems too inexpensive to me.
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Baseball Wedding Band - Titanium Material

• Personally I think the red is a little bit much, but I like the first one. You wouldn't necessarily know it's baseball from a distance, it just looks like etching. 

I just googled "titanium quality" and it says it is a very lightweight metal. Depending on your budget, I might show the design to a jeweler and ask him to put it in something like white gold or tungsten. (Although it does say titanium is growing in popularity, so it might just be personal preference).

• I don't like the red either. The other one is ok but I think that's pricey for not real titanium.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Glad I'm not the only one that thinks the red lacing is way too much.

Where are you seeing that it's not real Titanium?  If it's not, they have some very inappropriate advertising if they're using the word so many times.

Home  >  Titanium Rings  >  Sports Wedding Rings  > 
    Titanium Baseball Ring

Titanium Baseball Ring

"This is the very popular baseball titanium ring and this one is a bit more basic. It has the same great dome profile as our other Baseball stitch rings but this time around we left the natural color in the carved area. The ring is finished with a nice mirror polished look for the ultimate style. Shown here in the photo with 8mm."

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Titanium is light but strong. Though the one with red is not titanium but cobalt, which is another acceptable metal but heavier. Titanium, cobalt, and tungsten carbide have all become popular for wedding bands, not least because they are less expensive than gold or platinum and in fact more in line with the cost of sterling silver while providing better strength.

/jewelry lesson over. Sorry.

But I agree I don't like the one with red on it, and I imagine that would scratch/wear off fairly quickly.
  • The red on the second one is probably just some sort of enamel and will come off fairly quickly if your fiance is a hands on type of person. I personally like the first one better
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh i didn't realize the red one was different.

Thanks for the lesson.

He's a wheelchair user, if it's on his finger it's going to get beat up a lot.I'll use that as the reason not gthe red one...other than that it's just.....ugh.  
    imageimageimage

• We got titanium rings, and they are excellent. Light (lighter than gold, can't even feel it) and durable, no risk of denting. We chose matte finish though, and that sratches easily - but I kinda like the wear and tear look. Because it's a cheap material, titanium is also less likely to be unethically mined, which was very important to me and also the reason why I have a synthetic diamond, not a real one.

I'm not much for the one with red either, and it might wear off quickly. But... I am not in any way in love with my FI's ring, but it was his choice - it's very likely to be the only piece of jewelry he'll ever wear apart from the occasional cufflinks. And I don't look at his hands all the time, I look at my own gorgeous ring! So, though I think it should be possible to talk your FI out of the red, think of it as the one wedding decision that will be in his face every day for the rest of his life - he better love it.
  • Many times titanium and other alternative metal wedding bands cannot be resized. If you are worried at all about the band not fitting in the future you might want to go with gold
  • Luckily, I was able to convince him not to get the red. Thank god... Actually, it wasn't a hard sell when I told him the red is likely to wear off and it's not a good material.

from the website: "Titanium Rings can only be resized larger and not smaller. This is due to the inherent strength of titanium."

Oh he loves it. He doesn't even want to go to a jeweler to check other designs. I said he has to though to get sized.

I originally wanted to have matching bands....I guess there goes that idea lol
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards