New Hampshire

alvirne chapel brides

Hi, looking for all and any input. I'm considering renting the Alvirne chapel in Hudson Nh but i have a few questions. I left a message with someone but have not heard back and I thought I would try the Knot Board. Is it considered a catholic church? Can a priest preside over a wedding ceremony? Can you have a rehersal there the night before? If you want it decorated do youu have to hire someone to do it? Thank you in advance for your input.

Re: alvirne chapel brides

• Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi-I am getting married at the Alvirne Chapel next May.  I believe The Chapel is non-denominational, and anyone can preside over a ceremony.The Chapel fee includes a one hour rehearsal on a day/or evening prior to the wedding, but it is possible that the chapel is booked until 7 pm at night. You can decorate it yourself, however they do have rules to decorating.Also MaryEllen can be reached via e-mail if you have a hard time getting in contact via phone. TheChapelLady@aol.comHope this helps! 
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,I'm also getting married there next July.It is indeed non-denominational.  My aunt is a JP and she's doing our ceremony.  I don't see why you couldn't have a priest if you wanted one.  You'd just have to supply your own.And Mary-Ellen is the contact and she's super nice.Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I got married there last October (see Siggy) I don't know if it's considered a catholic church, you can ask your preist if they would preside over your wedding. The chapel is for rent for $150 per 2 hours. That includes the rehersal the night before which you have tow ork out wih Mary Ellen to make sure it's not going to coinside with another wedding there. I have pictures in my bio on how my florist decorated the church. It's so beautiful inside you really don't need much. I loved the rustic feel of the church from the wooden chairs to the stain glass. I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards