Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Advice for the best dress shopping Experience

I was just looking for some advice to make the dress shopping experience the best.  Not sure if I am going to have a dress made from my mom's wedding dress or not yet.  But I might go out and buy one!  Any and all advice is appreciated!

Re: Advice for the best dress shopping Experience

• Options
    Honestly I was happiest when I went shopping either alone or with my H. I went on one trip with a friend who was a 'yes girl' but I never knew what she was really thinking. On another trip I took a fashionista friend, but I was all nervous every time I stepped out in a dress for him. Left alone, I was free to have my own opinions and, well, H was pretty much happy to see me in anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Keep an open mind and try on things you normally wouldn't. The dress that I fell in love with.. I hate it on the website and on the hanger. I only tried it on to appease my mom. As soon as I looked at myself in the mirror I knew it was the one.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I decided to dress shop alone, it was very peaceful for me. I wanted to make sure I chose dress, I liked on me, not one that someone else(my mom or MOH)  may have liked on me. however I did show photos to my mom and MOH of the dresses I liked prior to going to the dress shop. I would definitely do your hair, and just a little make-up. Wear or bring a strapless bra, modest undies(don't wanna show your rear-end to the consultant), consider bringing your wedding shoes(if you have them). And if you find one or 2 you like...don't forget to try on potential accessories(potential veil or earrings) with those dresses...sometimes this can help in the decision making. Most of all, relax and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards